• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for all the great infomation

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just finished reading all the relevant posts in the current Forum, all 460 pages! This provided me great new info I would not have even considered looking for using the Forum Search opinion. It took me about 2 months of steady lurking. I pasted about 150 pages of extremely valuable information and have catalogued it in several 3 ringed binders.

This site is an outstanding service to 2002 owners. I consider myself a competent amateur 2002 buff, having owned three of them over the past 30 years, as well as several other BMW's. (My daily driver is a 1992 525i, 5 speed - great "family car".) I have been cleaning up a '72 malaga for the past seven years after surviving parenthood.

Prior to finding about this site from a BMWCCA friend, my connection to the '02 community was through a few active 2002 chapter members, the Roundel and Bimmer. Accumulating information was slow going by this route and getting needed answers almost impossible.

There were times when I could literally could not get off the site as I sucked in new tidbits such as no inside directional "blinky", how grill hooks will finally align my grills with the fenders, aligning the hood through the grill openings and my favorite, where to get "old mini wheels" (panasports) for my 2002. I just learned my '02's "birthday from Mobile Traditions, 7/7/71, vin 2575613.

I have made a few minor responses and when I have anything worthy of contribution, I will chime in, but in the meantime, I will send a financial contribution, to 2002FAQ as a small token of my appreciation for setting up and maintaining this great board.

Best wishes,

Roger in Albany NY

"Albany'02"

wow, that's a lot of reading and dedication. there is a wealth of information among the posts of this site.

i too have compiled a rather large binder of info too valuable to loose. i'm on my 2nd upgraded binder at this point.

i typically will cut and paste a thread into a MS Word document and then delete avatars, nonessential comments and signature blocks to save paper.

i consider it as important as the Workshop Manual, maybe even more so.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Yes there is a wealth of info everywhere, don't forget to look in the construction zone, and the project blogs. I usually post a short reply on subjects that I might be using in the near future for reference. That way I can quickly go to "my posts" and find the info again. It is a great place, indeed.

FAQ Member # 91

Guest Anonymous

Bill, That would be me. Your Touring has to be at least as perfect as the MT '73 tii. Thanks for your helpful responses. Per your advice in another post, I made a trip to Poughkeepsie/Fishkill to visit Lawrence Shoulder regarding some final restoration questions on the '72. He is a great resourse, a good guy and will probably do some work that I can't. Your cars are an inspiration. I recently copied an old FAQ post of yours on fuel line venting and routing. I am in regular contact with Frank (in Upstate NY).

Regards,

Roger In Albany

'71 1600, agave, traded (for tii)

'73 tii, cororado, sadly traded (for 320i, needed AC)

'82 320i, polaris, traded (for family Volvo wagon)

'92 525i, calypso red, 164K, current daily driver

'72 2002, malaga, resto project