• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know a good place for some Cheap-o ansa?

76duece

Greenfield Auto parts in Greenfield Ma?

I'm not sure the "Sport" is available. There used to be two sepret Ansa systems, one Sport and one standard. The standard one is the one most people think of. The rear muffler has a single outlet and THEN splits into the dual tips you usually see. The old, unavailable "sport" system has a larger diameter tubing and the rear muffler has the dual tips exiting the muffler itself.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I think I always got them from the local foreign auto parts place "Berkshire foreign Auto parts" but I know they can be had from Bav Auto and others.

I would guess Bav Auto would be a good source if you need it shipped.

I also felt that an o2 without a center resonator sounds too boomy.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Greenfield Auto parts in Greenfield Ma?

I'm not sure the "Sport" is available. There used to be two sepret Ansa systems, one Sport and one standard. The standard one is the one most people think of. The rear muffler has a single outlet and THEN splits into the dual tips you usually see. The old, unavailable "sport" system has a larger diameter tubing and the rear muffler has the dual tips exiting the muffler itself.

John

You may be confused on this. Bav auto carries both a replacemnt Ansa Muffler and a Sport one. I got the Sport Muffler. It has the single outlet that splits into two. It also says Ansa Sport right on it and all the paperwork that came with it refers to it as an Ansa Sport. Plus I saw a 70s era Ansa Sport on another car and it was the same design as mine.

Plus Ansa's website shows this as the "Ansa Sport" muffler.

The replacement Ansa muffler has only a single outlet. Looks oem.

Are you sure the one with a larger diameter pipe and dual outlet wasn't actually for another application? That's how their 318i and 325e mufflers were built.

......and the # 0267 is no longer available -

this larger Dia. rear muffler had a smooth, mellow tone

compared to the sharp LOUD crisp rasp note of the # 0227 smaller 'can'

muffler that is still available today.

#0267 WAS the correct rear muffler for Big Arse Bumper cars - the tail

pipe length was longer to be flush with the face of the bumper.

The #0227 muffler is shorter - with the tips ending under the inner

edge of Big Arse Bumper.

4-5456030.JPG

$95 for the #0225 ANSA

$55 for the 'stock' ~ both from http://www.bavauto.com/

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Interesting, so there was once two sport mufflers. I suppose as sales declined it was easier to just catalog one and the short bumper version could work on both where the large bumper one would have to be shortened for the earlier cars.

I can see where the larger muffler would give a deeper sound. I wonder if there was any performance difference. You'd think the smaller one would flow freer, but I can't imagine there would be a significant gain or loss either way.

Only one center section, so the tubing must be the same size for both.

Of course none of this has answered the original question. Sorry.