• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Put up the new car shelter yesterday

ToddK

Bought a 12X24X8 car shelter at BJ's last week for $299. Put it up on Sunday with some help from my wife. Really! Without her help, I would have lost my mind. Instructions said two hours to construct. Took the two of us four hours. The instructions had us building sections only to take them apart again later to install the cover. Tom Winston came by as we were finishing up. He knew I was pissed, and had enough common sense to keep his distance till I cooled down. He set about working on his car. Anyway, shelter is up. I plan on putting one of the race cars on the trailer and backing the whole thing inside for the Winter. That will free up a spot in the garage to work all Winter on rebodying a friends Triumph. The new shell comes back from paint this week.

Hi, Here is a link to a company that I have used before with great success. Great people,great service and easy to assemble. Use treated wood for the purlins as their's are quite high. also there are a varity of coverings that you can use. Might add that this is the best company for the 38 mil linings if you are building a pond.

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/home

{option}[/img]

post-3520-13667584888549_thumb.jpg

post-3520-13667584890081_thumb.jpg

It's a thought, If I were a redneck (Jeff Foxworthy joke). Except I live on Lake Michigan and have 22,400 square miles of pool out my back door. That would be expensive to cover. Shots of me trying to build a boardwalk down to it now.... Hey Bob, You aren't the one in AZ. with a T 34 Ghia are you??

post-3520-13667584914792_thumb.jpg

post-3520-13667584916374_thumb.jpg

Bought a 12X24X8 car shelter at BJ's last week for $299. Put it up on Sunday with some help from my wife. Really! Without her help, I would have lost my mind. Instructions said two hours to construct. Took the two of us four hours. The instructions had us building sections only to take them apart again later to install the cover. Tom Winston came by as we were finishing up. He knew I was pissed, and had enough common sense to keep his distance till I cooled down.

My neighbor put one of these up a couple of summers ago. Took him the whole weekend. I could hear him over there cussing and swearing. I had to keep the kids inside all weekend. He had to have 12 hours of assembly into the thing. First thing Monday morning the city stops by and tells him that zoning won't allow him to have a second outbuilding on his property and he had 48 hours to take it down. To this day no one in the neigborhood dares talk about it in his presence.