• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rearended today. Advice?

steved

Steve;

I too was rear ended - see the pics below. I Feel your pain (mentally, over the car, and injury wise too). Hang in there....

i echo the comments of getting a second, and third opinion -for the car repair.

I know all "hits" are NOT the same, etc etc - so i dont beging to suggest yours is identical to mine.

BUT...The rear panels on roundies push in VERY easily, creating a worse case view. Should your frame rails, and shock towers be structurally intact......

As for your health. My accident injuries; I felt terrible day one, better day two, and shrugged it off. Dont let this fool you. I relapses later.

The Energy from the impact is stored in yout body. Best to release it now

Suggest to your GP Physio, RMT, Chiro, Accupuncture. Try as many as you can get paid for, and settle on those modes that work for YOUR body.

Best of luck mate...

post-7431-13667584989167_thumb.jpg

post-7431-13667584990195_thumb.jpg

post-7431-13667584991007_thumb.jpg

I got into an accident in my 1970 2002 about 2 months ago (same place as you). The insurance company said they were going to total it and only give me 2,500 dollars (car is worth at least 5,000)! I just could not accept this. I researched BMW 2002's (ranging in year from 69-71) and put them into an Excel document with the links to the pages. I then found the mean and the average of my prices. I then faxed this to the insurance company and ended up getting 6,800 dollars minus the deductable = I came home with 6,000! I also had a buddy at a body repair shop make me a quote for under 3,000 (way cheaper than the insurances quote of 8,000), this helped encourage them not to salvage my title (The car could never be fixed for 3,000 anyway). FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

- Andrew 1972 BMW 2002tii (current purchase!)

Arizona Crew

'72 2002 Tii (Roundie)

The shimmymeans your shock towers are bent

How is that? The shock towers don't have anything to do with the placement of the rear suspention. However I have been wrong in the past. I was thinking that the trunk floor was bent causing a strange angle for the rear diff.

At any rate..... All these parts are available. Don't go down without a fight!

I'm gonna get on of these. Remember that half of the idiots on the road have never seen a car WITHOUT a 3rd brake light!

5239.jpg

5239dim.gif

From this guy.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades