• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Busting a nut

Turb02

Well I tried with the wood trick but it didnt work, 2 breaker bars and 4 good drivers later I decided it wasnt worth breaking all my tools over. I had a 3 foot pipe for leverage and the block is on an engine stand. Damn that sucker is tight! Guess I will take it to a local shop to have them bust my nut..er...loose.

By the way, while using the wood, I noticed that my #2 and 3 cylinder's are sleeved and the sleeve is now broken a bit due to the force that was applied. It shouldnt matter because I am gonna bore to like 90 mm or so, right? The sleeves were weird shaped too, if you looked down the crankshaft tunnel, they were U shaped, its hard to explain but I guess they were this way so the counterweights of the crank wouldnt hit them. I just thought it was weird that only the 2 middle ones were sleeved.

Thanks again.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Nope. Do you have a butane tank and a small compressor? Honestly an impact wrench is probably something you'd find useful if you're going to work on the car with any regularity. Like I said too, heat can go a long way to helping you budge an otherwise stubborn nut.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com