• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok folks, what's next in 08

Armond

Do some final work on my track car so I can actually drive it after 3 frustrating years in the making:

- retune engine for this altitude

- change engine oil

- change brake fluid

- might have to put on new tires

- inspect everything

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Switch the weber 32/36 out for the 38/38 manual choke on hand.

2. Possibly bite the bullet and get a full repaint. The cost is difficult to swallow when it is likely equal to or greater than the resell value of the car.

3. Considering shifting to an electromotive HPX ignition, also on hand.

Thingd I'd like to find this year.....

A flip up sunroof wind deflector. (I can dream can't I?)

Happy New Year!

S.

1974 Sahara '02, DD

1. Switch the weber 32/36 out for the 38/38 manual choke on hand.

2. Possibly bite the bullet and get a full repaint. The cost is difficult to swallow when it is likely equal to or greater than the resell value of the car.

3. Considering shifting to an electromotive HPX ignition, also on hand.

Thingd I'd like to find this year.....

A flip up sunroof wind deflector. (I can dream can't I?)

Happy New Year!

S.

1974 Sahara '02, DD

fix and sell:

2003 Honda RC51

2002 Suzuki TL1000R

1998 Suzuki TL1000R

2005 Ducati 999

1999 Ducati 916

start and finish (yah sure):

1970 Datsun Roadster with KA24 DE swap

start to look at:

1961 Volkswagen double door panel van

1965 Volkswagen single cab truck

1973 Datsun 510 with KA24DET swap

possible:

go look at a 1974 BMW 2002 shell for sale close by

fix and sell:

2003 Honda RC51

2002 Suzuki TL1000R

1998 Suzuki TL1000R

2005 Ducati 999

1999 Ducati 916

start and finish (yah sure):

1970 Datsun Roadster with KA24 DE swap

start to look at:

1961 Volkswagen double door panel van

1965 Volkswagen single cab truck

1973 Datsun 510 with KA24DET swap

possible:

go look at a 1974 BMW 2002 shell for sale close by

Armond,

Here is what's coming:

~Paint engine bay while motor is out

~Replace motor

~Slip in a LSD 25% rear end

~Add one of those $150 type LED brake/turn signals lights in the rear window -- more maniacs on the roads here that love to tail gate

~More and more but overall drive around daily with that cheesy Mickey Mouse smile on my face

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

Armond,

Here is what's coming:

~Paint engine bay while motor is out

~Replace motor

~Slip in a LSD 25% rear end

~Add one of those $150 type LED brake/turn signals lights in the rear window -- more maniacs on the roads here that love to tail gate

~More and more but overall drive around daily with that cheesy Mickey Mouse smile on my face

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

Let's see, beginning when we get back Stateside in June...

- Get the Orange Car inspected, which will mean cobbling together something that vaguely resembles the factory emissions crud for PA's visual inspection. (Grrr...)

- Drive the car!

- Swap out the rear trailing-arm bushings for the urethane ones I've had sitting around since I redid the front bushings about... oh... four years ago.

- Install the 19mm rear sway bar I have, and get new bushings/end links for the 22mm front bar that's been on there for a long time.

-Drive it!

- Track down the 45mph vibration I've got--probably a wheel imbalance, flat-spotted tire from storage or (hope not) the guibo (I'm not 100% sure the driveshaft is perfectly aligned after the 5-speed swap a few years ago, but I need to check).

- Give the car some general fluid changes, wax, and detailing lovin'.

- DRIVE the old girl out to Chicago from Western PA, then down to Texas and back to PA via Kentucky.

- Oh, and swap the struts and springs on our Corolla wagon.

- And maybe get the brakes sorted out (i.e., complete system overhaul) on the old GMC pickup that was my dad's. It needs tires, too.

- Make as many '02 gatherings as time and money allow (the latter being the real issue).

- Did I mention DRIVING the '02? :-)

- Well, until winter, then find some cheapo beater to get me through the PA salt. Just not a Volvo this time.

I think that'll do me for a little while. Sounds kinda like I've had about three years to save up projects, doesn't it?

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Let's see, beginning when we get back Stateside in June...

- Get the Orange Car inspected, which will mean cobbling together something that vaguely resembles the factory emissions crud for PA's visual inspection. (Grrr...)

- Drive the car!

- Swap out the rear trailing-arm bushings for the urethane ones I've had sitting around since I redid the front bushings about... oh... four years ago.

- Install the 19mm rear sway bar I have, and get new bushings/end links for the 22mm front bar that's been on there for a long time.

-Drive it!

- Track down the 45mph vibration I've got--probably a wheel imbalance, flat-spotted tire from storage or (hope not) the guibo (I'm not 100% sure the driveshaft is perfectly aligned after the 5-speed swap a few years ago, but I need to check).

- Give the car some general fluid changes, wax, and detailing lovin'.

- DRIVE the old girl out to Chicago from Western PA, then down to Texas and back to PA via Kentucky.

- Oh, and swap the struts and springs on our Corolla wagon.

- And maybe get the brakes sorted out (i.e., complete system overhaul) on the old GMC pickup that was my dad's. It needs tires, too.

- Make as many '02 gatherings as time and money allow (the latter being the real issue).

- Did I mention DRIVING the '02? :-)

- Well, until winter, then find some cheapo beater to get me through the PA salt. Just not a Volvo this time.

I think that'll do me for a little while. Sounds kinda like I've had about three years to save up projects, doesn't it?

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler