• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major House Fire....just heartbreaking

02fanatic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's just terrible. Glad to hear everyone including your pet and cars made it out just fine. You should at least be happy about that. Please call on us if you need anything. I'm sure some of us could help you out. Just post your needs or questions.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Sorry to hear about your fire. Good thing your smoke detectors worked.

Something that I know that I should do and have not, take pictures of every thing in my house for an inventory. Then store the pics in a save place. Glad everyone made it out. G

SO sad to hear of your misfortune..

Very glad to hear you all escaped serious injury!

I had a brief scare with an electrical fire in my house a couple years ago -- had I not been in the right spot when I heard the "pop" from the elec service panel AND had a halon bottle close at hand to run down the basement stairs with, it could have been the end of my 80 year old house. My scare was very short-lived, I can only imagine how bad it would be to have a fire escalate & put your loved ones at risk.

Best wishes for recovery, and again it's good to hear you're OK.

Wow, what horrible news. So glad everybody is ok. You can always get new car parts. Here's hoping your life gets back in order soon, and your insurance company does what they're supposed to do.

Currently 02-less.

---

"There are only two mantras: yum and yuk. Mine is yum."

John,

I'm just speechless!

We have corresponded for years here and enjoyed the time you, your wife and son visited us here in Willoughby.

If there is anything we can do, just say the word. Keep your chin up. Sunny days are soon to come.

john

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

John, I'm glad you and your Family are OK. Sad to say, It happened to me 20-years ago. It's devastating. You think you'll never get the smell to go away. But, it will. You'll be OK. God Bless You.

e46-330ci, e46-325ci Vert., e36-328is, e30-325is, M20-2002, K110, K75, '71 Jeepster Commando

John,

Very sorry to hear this. Cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. As you can see from the previous posts, you have many friends here and any help you need, you need only to ask.

Les Cartwright

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

John,

I'm completely floored and speechless. This is the type of thing you think only happens to 'others' until it happens to you or someone you know. I am really sorry for your losses as I know it's not just material but many memories that one loses in a situation like this.

I already emailed you offline but as I said in my email if you need anything, ANYTHING at all please don't hesitate to holler. I'm only a half hour away from you.