• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars & Coffee BMW Day

Ray-2002tii

I just returns from the second BMW day at Cars & Coff in Irvine Calif. It' my Saturday morning agthering for coff with all types of cars showing up for a couple hours. To say this mornings even was a sucess would be a gross understatement. The final cout for JUST BMWs in the organized lot was 233! Over 20 02's, 30+ E30 M3's, 15 Z8's, a dozen E9's and just about every other BMW you can imagine. Pleanty of vintage cars including a beautiful 3.2 CS, and even a M1. The lot was so full of BMW's, by 7:00, cars were being turned away to the overflow lot. There were probably another 75 cars over there.

91569907.LFXOz3BI.jpg

91569882.uTnePubZ.jpg

91569946.IoJptMme.jpg

After the event there was a 50 mile drive finishing up at Crevier BMW, collectable car facility. Lunch was provided and several participanst stayed afterwards for friendly chat. Kudos to Tom and Paul and all the other volunteers for the fantastic event.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

You speel good. ;-)

Look, there's InkaSteve taking a pic!

IMG_0745-1.jpg

Good to see ya also, and Charley, and JohnC and 02nut. :-p

Edit: and Hamada! (I'm jet lagged!)

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

You speel good. ;-)

Look, there's InkaSteve taking a pic!

Good to see ya also, and Charley, and JohnC and 02nut. :-p

Cheers,

Ray

Ray and Ray,

You got those posted before I could even get home..

Here is RayK taking a pic of me taking a pic

Many more later...Had a great day

post-85-13667585910171_thumb.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Guys, who got into an accident today? I hope he/she is alright. I just saw the pic on another forum. Anyone knows?

On another note, it was great seeing everyone Steve, John, Ray, Ross and Andy. Amazing event followed by a breathtaking drive.

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

visiting from the E9 board.

The person who hit the tree was Kenny S... He owned a red tii. The car is totaled and he was in bad shape but should survive. I was on the scene for about an hour and it was very sad. He had his seatbelt on and it was a good thing he installed a shoulder harness. After winessing this I encourage all early 02 owners to install better seatblets. Ron Perry knows this person and will try to contact the hospital and provide a report.

Where did you see the photos? I have plenty but I'm hesitant to post for privacy reasons.

This is very bad news, but I'm glad to hear that despite his serious condition, he is alive. Does anyone know if this is the Kenny that used to work for Sterling BMW? He's a friend of a friend and we spoke to him several times today. In any case, I wish him the best.

visiting from the E9 board.

The person who hit the tree was Kenny S... He owned a red tii. The car is totaled and he was in bad shape but should survive. I was on the scene for about an hour and it was very sad. He had his seatbelt on and it was a good thing he installed a shoulder harness. After winessing this I encourage all early 02 owners to install better seatblets. Ron Perry knows this person and will try to contact the hospital and provide a report.

Where did you see the photos? I have plenty but I'm hesitant to post for privacy reasons.

Scroll down to post #50 doesn't look very good. My prayers for him to get well soon. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911748&page=2

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

It is Kenny who worked at one of the BMW dealers formany years, and he is fine-goiing home today. No broken bones but very sore. I think he could use our support!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he's doing well!

Ditto....glad he is well. Did I get to meet you at CnC, Inka?? It this your car

L1020077.jpg

I really liked it, a lot like the Mobile Tradition Tii.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Hey Steve,

Yep, that's my car - thanks. There was so much to see that I really didn't get much of a chance to hang out and socialize. I definitely saw your beautiful Inka touring though. Hopefully we can organize another 02 event/drive sometime soon. I wasn't able to do the drive this time, but it looks like a blast.

Robert