• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much $ do you think we waste bidding against each other?

eastsidebimmer

but then it gives every one of us that truly wants it an equal opportunity to buy it....

as far as my ebay buys go...i watch new listings like a hawk...as soon as i see anything i want to buy i place a proxy bid and never look back...if i win, i get an email...

it takes the emotion and quandary of who i may may be bidding against that i might cave to or conversely, want to beat the pants off out of the picture

I just missed out on a UK ebay item (pre 71 gauges) last week. Nick Vyse beat me by a pound - Doh!!!

At least I know its going to a good home. Beaner7101

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

I just missed out on a UK ebay item (pre 71 gauges) last week. Nick Vyse beat me by a pound - Doh!!!

At least I know its going to a good home. Beaner7101

Hi Beaner - do you have a pic of the type of clocks you are after? I might have a set in the garage that I'd be happy to sell.

as far as my ebay buys go...i watch new listings like a hawk...as soon as i see anything i want to buy i place a proxy bid and never look back...if i win, i get an email...

it takes the emotion and quandary of who i may may be bidding against that i might cave to or conversely, want to beat the pants off out of the picture

Esty, that's the most sensible thing I think you have posted on this board. : ) Props to you.

Doug - non emotional ebayer as well

'73 tii Atlantik

post-495-13667586222988_thumb.jpg

It's all just part of the free market.

I have learned to put out my high bid, what I'm willing to pay and let it ride. That is unless someone comes in only a few dollars higher for something I really need as opposed to just want, then my testosterone kicks in and I'll bid a little higher.

Strangely, if I recognize one of you goons,

I won't bid as much. Or sometimes I bid more-

especially if it's Esty.

No, seriously, most of the 2002 junk I acquire these days

comes off the FAQ, at fire sale prices. So it saves me millions- billions, I say!

muh- haa haaaaaa....

(sorry)

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

It's all just part of the free market.

I have learned to put out my high bid, what I'm willing to pay and let it ride. That is unless someone comes in only a few dollars higher for something I really need as opposed to just want, then my testosterone kicks in and I'll bid a little higher.

Right on! bid to what it's worth to you. How many times do you see the exact item in multiples a week later or from the same seller who BTW just sold it last week and oops! there it is for sale again. Shilling, hum?

What is stranger to me is when some folks buy parts for more than what the local BMW dealer sells it for. Ebay sharks and hill billies with DSL are not the only parts suppliers in the world. The internet is your friend but only if your smart about it.

But what do I know