• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Question about front turn signals.

ibjettin

Although I have not seen any, shortly after I posted on how I modified my euro flat lenses to accept a parking lamp, someone on the board, I think it was Mike Self, either posted a pic or mentioned that the early federal flat lenses were set up almost exactly as I had modified.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,268960/highlight,earl+myers/

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

The flat ones are European and I'm not sure if they ever had them.

I guess an easier way to ask is if 74-76 has the parking light in the front turn signal? I know my '72 has them, so what years did/didn't?

Realoem isn't working so I can't look it up.

Actually, The flat lenses were exported to the US as well and were on the early cars. This was during the period Max Hoffman was the BMW importer...prior to BMW NA, and before the DOT requirements mandating the bulbous lenses. Some were in fact equipped with the parking lamp. As far as the european lamps are concerned most of the cars that were imported into countries that required "city lights" the small white lights that were integral to the headlamps, did not have the parking lamp as we know it. It really depended upon the regulations of the country the car was sold in.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Whoa....guess I really misread the question....sorry..need to pay more attention.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

My 68 2002 has 2 bulb flatties--one bulb is for the signal and the other is for the parking lamp (which is only illuminated when in the "park" position--they go out when the full headlamps are on.) I remember hearing something about the ability to keep just one side on when parking along a street by leaving the signal on with the parking lights only lit. I cant remember where I heard this, but I cant reproduce the sequence.

--> 1968 2002 <--