• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

January Car of the Month Voting Thread :D

robspeed

See here for the raw nominations with MORE PICS:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,300088/

Up this month, we have the following nominated cars:

bjamin in Los Angeles' Barn-Liberated '74, given to the new owner on Christmas day! This was nominated by _z_, because "its clearly good car karma to give away unused 2002's that nice just sitting in a barn."

n3602060_36512817_5793.jpg

more info here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,300102/

Next is ben's (eastsidebimmer) beautiful (sorry for editorializing) '68. Ben is nominated by brad_c-ville_VA, who notes that "it's a very clean and nicely kept early example of a 2002 and nearly all original...and ben is a great 02er!"

id,18013

Third is S14POWER's nomination of Colin Gallies' S14-powered Tii. S14POWER notes that "the conversion was carried out about 12 years ago and it is still running as smooth as the day it was fitted. Plus it is just a 1st class condition and looking car." Not only that, but it was on the cover of an European BMW magazine (either Total BMW or BMW Performace.. ;))

id,18116

Next is my own nomination of John Harvey's puffy pumpkin '69 project (still under project status). I nominated this car because the level of the attention to detail and "totalness" of the restoration, as well as an unique take on the project in general:

IMG_0457.jpg

more info here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,273903/start,0/postdays,0/postorder,asc/highlight,/

Finally is a nomination by Skipfscr, of his neighbor & friend Bo Martin's "Rat Rod" sleeper '02, which, Skip reminds us, should not be judged on its looks... It features a balanced 13:1 racing motor, stahl, custom fab exhaust, Isky 310 cam and double 45s. Bo's ride is a daily that he fuels with a mix of racing gas and 93 pump juice...

81je3ye.jpg

I am not including Steve J's nomination of "any one of John Weese's cars" due to the fact that no such car was included in the nomination...

SO, that is it: Pick one and VOTE! Voting ends midnight (board time) on Jan 31. Thanks all!! :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta vote for the puffy pumkin - since I know there is a lawn mower in that garage that is the same color! Well - and the car is pretty cool too...

i honestly dont know who to vote for... ben's 68 is TOO pretty but i do love that pumpkin... I'll decide later... :P