• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picking 1.6k tomorrow!!

Trackmagics

Found this for sale and just got back from checking it out. It is in great condition and drives nicely. He put lots of money into it recently and has all the receipts. Going to daily drive this baby for awhile until I can build an s14 and make it more a track car. Let me know what you all think. Thanks and look forward to spending time on here!

Getting it for 5k.

"

1969 1600 BMW interlagos blue with beige interior. Lighty tinted windows. In perfect running order with 70,300 original miles. This car was stripped to metal and repainted, new clutch, new sport suspension which includes, billstein shocks, Eibach Stage 2 Sport Springs, new bushings and trailing arms. New brakes, rotors and lines. New distributor, new exhaust system from the manifold to the muffler. New light wheels and tires. 2 New Spaarco FIA Race seats and Harness bar. Many old and weather parts replaced including lights, bumbers and more. This car was being set up to be a Vintage Racer over $20, 000.00 invested. All work is backed up with invoices. I also have the original wheels, tires and seats."

0102100103030116062008012461bbebee3.jpg

01010101161201030720080124df1deafaf.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0044-2.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

looks nice. better to spend more up front than later on down the road. seems like you have capitalized on PO's dropped project.

if you have a little spare change burning a hole in your pocket, i'd look for black or blue/black door panels to swap out the tobacco set.

then i'd spray the engine bay, or actually, i'd have left it original color. sell the seats to gin up a little money for a less drastic look.

nice car. i'd love to drive a true 1600 someday.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I feel 5k is high. The gap in the wheel arch to tire suggests the car doesn't sit on the eibach stage II(which i've never heard of) springs, the door panels are nice early uncut specimins. The repaint looks OK in the pics, would have to see it up close, where's the trim? It has non correct rear lenses(69 would have red centers) and the engine bay looks a little ratty. I'm not trying to rain on your day, I just think you overpaid. I got this car for $5700 and it's pretty much ALL correct and unmolested. It's a 69' also, by the way.(2002 though)

Larry

1969_BMW_2002_full_front-side.jpg

I feel 5k is high. The gap in the wheel arch to tire suggests the car doesn't sit on the eibach stage II(which i've never heard of) springs, the door panels are nice early uncut specimins. The repaint looks OK in the pics, would have to see it up close, where's the trim? It has non correct rear lenses(69 would have red centers) and the engine bay looks a little ratty. I'm not trying to rain on your day, I just think you overpaid. I got this car for $5700 and it's pretty much ALL correct and unmolested. It's a 69' also, by the way.(2002 though)

Larry

1969_BMW_2002_full_front-side.jpg

The car comes with other parts, trim included. Not having red centers is alright by me, it will probably end up with motor swap and trackday car.

Thanks for post, nice car!

That's a good deal in my book and I'll buy it from you for 6k!

Some of us are purestand like the just off the factory floor car but I'm not one of them. If you can make your car better to your liking go for it. How many'unmolested cars' have stock shocks and springs it's not just the way a car looks on the outside or interior that keeps it 'unmolested'.

hell of a find a little more work to do but that is SWEET.

Thank you for the nice reply.

I picked up the car this afternoon and love it. It handles just like a remember them handling, AMAZING!

There are a couple things here and there to do, but it will be a nice way to spend weekends. I may even start looking into a motor swap at some point. I feel bad though seeing as the current motor only has 76k original on it and runs great.

I like the M3 motor; but if it was mine I would spend the cash on some 40 side drafts a larger cam, a header and exhaust.

I love the tobbaco interior if you get ride of that let me know, I would keep it myself with those seats...character, baby that's what that car has!

ACTUALLY A LYNX MANIFOLD WITH ONE 40 carb. Now if you do the exhaust also and the cam with a cerimic header you're playing with fire and you don't have to change your drive shaft for the extra hp. Are you sure you won't sell for 6K.

Ya, not gonna sell, hehe. The smile hasn't left my face since I started driving this car. My previous DD was an 03 M3, but I think this car is a lot more fun.

The driver side front seat has a big tear in it. I think I am going to look into getting them reconditioned and possibly putting them back in. I currently have harness bar and 6pts in with the Sparcos, will I be able to run same bar and belts with stock seats by any chance?