• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear axle carrier mount (roundie vs. squarie years)

ryanOC

apparently these are different between the two, and i've managed to get the roundie ones instead of the squarie ones

do these bolt up differently? do they not fit?

don't want to have to return these, but will if i have to

roundie #: 33331103926

squarie #: 33331113342 (left) 33331113343 (right)

1969 2002 Automatic "Pumpkin"

you can use either set.

i *believe* the difference lies in the slight difference in the orientation of the rubber bushings within the metal sleave. it has no impact on alignment of the metal sleave, but rather takes into account the difference in bending angle during use.

there, did i make that confusing/garbled enough?

short answer - don't worry, use em, but be mindful of the left and right side.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

The orientation pegs are different. I forget which one is which but they are different.

Sorry to not be able to tell you which is which but I know they are different.

I believe on the square lights you have to order a left and right and on the round light cars one fits both sides.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Sir Williams you are correct -

one size does Not Fit ALL

The orientation pegs are different. I forget which one is which but they are different.

Sorry to not be able to tell you which is which but I know they are different.

I believe on the square lights you have to order a left and right and on the round light cars one fits both sides.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

you have to put the bolts through the carriers then put the bolts through the subframe.

If you put the carriers up against the sub-frame then try and put the bolts through both, the angle fights you.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

well, as suspected, my answer was sufficiently garbled as to be misleading.

what i interpreted the question to be, was whether it was possible to use the Roundie-version mounts on a squaretail car or the Squaretail-version mounts on a roundie.

my answer is yes. and i am unaware of any difference in geometry or bolt/stud sizes between the two body types wrt this area. i believe the rear subframes are identical and bolt hole placement is identical.

it is required, as Bill stated, that the bolts be inserted into the mounts prior to fitment onto the subframe, but that's common to both p/n variants.

if indeed i am mistaken then i humbly apologize and will crawl under my rock again.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

let it be known that i USED THE ROUNDIE bushings on it, and had no problems (other than what was expected w/ half-dropping the subframe...)

it's all good!

i suppose the wearing rates on these might be different due to the angle of rubber within the sleeve. oh well, better than the old shit i had on there.

thanks for letting me know!

1969 2002 Automatic "Pumpkin"