• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Tuesday and do Californians' votes actually matter?

inkatouring

so, Californians, who on the Dem side are you voting for  

7 members have voted

1. 1. so, Californians, who on the Dem side are you voting for

• Clinton
    • Edwards
    • Obama

It seems for the first time in my political memory, the votes of Californians (at least on the Democratic side) might matter. And the polls here show it closing to the point that it is actually a race here (as well as nationally).

So here's a little poll of our own. Califorians only. Dems only. And I left Edwards in because many of us vote absentee and he might have been in when we voted.

I will let you know that I have been going back and forth on the issue of voting for who I actually want, and who I think has the best chance of beating John McCain. They have not been the same person, but my opinion on that is even fluid.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

gosh.....

i wanted to play, but i just can't bring myself to voting for Billary. if i had to i'd go with obama, but only cuz i was pissed at what occurred during s.carolina primary.

either way, if the dems prevail we can all expect an increase in capital gains tax and, believe it or not, that WILL impact the middle class.

i'm now starting to think the the repubs may actually have a chance in november.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

My .02 is this: It doesn't matter if it's Obama or Hillary. Either one is virtually garaunteed to win the Whitehouse. I believe this to be true for a number of reasons, but most obviously this: McCain is adamantly in favor of continuing efforts in Iraq no matter how long it takes, how much it costs, or how many lives are lost. Now, when about 70 percent of the country does not share this view, there is no way he can win the election...not a chance in hell IMHO. I really like John McCain, and I believe he is presidential material, but the odds are stacked against him in so many ways that I just don't see him or any other republican winning.

My .02 is this: It doesn't matter if it's Obama or Hillary. Either one is virtually garaunteed to win the Whitehouse. I believe this to be true for a number of reasons, but most obviously this: McCain is adamantly in favor of continuing efforts in Iraq no matter how long it takes, how much it costs, or how many lives are lost. Now, when about 70 percent of the country does not share this view, there is no way he can win the election...not a chance in hell IMHO. I really like John McCain, and I believe he is presidential material, but the odds are stacked against him in so many ways that I just don't see him or any other republican winning.

I dont think it's 70%. As what John McCain says. it's not the Military presence but Military casualties.And right now, the casualties are way down and the surge has worked. Having U.S presence in that part of the region will only hurt the enemy. A leader is supposed to make tough decisions. After all, this is not a popularity contest. But this is what is so great about this country.You can vote w/o being under duress and your vote will count. I can live with the results even if Billary wins it. I will make the best of it as much as possible and wont mope around in anger and frustration. Life is too short to hate.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I dont think it's 70%. As what John McCain says. it's not the Military presence but Military casualties.And right now, the casualties are way down and the surge has worked. Having U.S presence in that part of the region will only hurt the enemy. A leader is supposed to make tough decisions. After all, this is not a popularity contest. But this is what is so great about this country.You can vote w/o being under duress and your vote will count. I can live with the results even if Billary wins it. I will make the best of it as much as possible and wont mope around in anger and frustration. Life is too short to hate.

Well, to be honest I don't really trust statistics too much, but 70 percent give or take is what the major news sources seem to keep saying with regards to Iraq. Personally, I don't think we should up and leave...no frikin way. I hate that we're in the situation, but we're in it, and there's all the time in the world to cry about it. Right now, it's time to get it done and pray that there can be some good resolution(s) in the end. But I still think that issue alone is enough to gaurantee a democrat as the next president.