• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

food for thought...please contribute...or bitch slap me

esty

I'm not convinced you can ever perfect this system. Too many variables. And everyone makes good points. I just want to know two things? Esty, how do you always seem to respond to parts for sale within 2 minutes of the posting (sometimes to my dismay), and where's Alonzo with my parts? Just askin . . .

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First Biscuits boobs and now the chance to bitchslap Esty? WOW!!!!!! What a week on the FAQ!

Nah, esty.

It comes down to ethics and good upbringin'. If someone says they will do something, they should follow through with it. I think it may just be that many people would 'love' to have that part for sale, but the realization is they can't afford it or are in some way not prepared to get the part at that time. They need to know when it is a real possibility or when it is wishful thinking.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I'm not convinced you can ever perfect this system. Too many variables. And everyone makes good points. I just want to know two things? Esty, how do you always seem to respond to parts for sale within 2 minutes of the posting (sometimes to my dismay), and where's Alonzo with my parts? Just askin . . .

hahaha "wheres alonzo"??

sorry man, i know thats a sore subject but its funny to see that in your sig. i agree with esty on this. its a matter of ethics. a few times ive had to say "sorry, xxxx was a few minutes before you" to guys i know well and consider friends. but if they had been first they would appreciate the fact you stuck to your ethics

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

sorry man

speak of the devil.....for the record you guys, i have tried for a year or longer to get mr petersen to give up, sell me, allow me to buy rights to or otherwise use the user name blunt....

unsuccessfully, as you can see...i mean he sugar coats everything he says so why does a nice guy like him need the name like....

and for the record you guys i don't hold grudges against the fortunate buyers but the sellers that pull the crap i'm talking about can.....

and auggiedave....no sweat mister....you ain't in my book of crooks...you're one of the good guys

I know that I'm guilty of delayed responses to sale inquires, though I never ask for any of the payment until i have exact shipping cost and make sure it gets out. I know in my case i space out getting something packaged up and out the door.

1970-resto/mod =money drain

1973 Charmonix, mhh clean

GO COUGS

Yeah

As for programming a system that was like ebay or somehow locked a sale in for the forum that could be done, but it sounds like kind of a pain in the ass to do and maintain.

It'd be one thing if the programmers on this site were being paid, but no way in hell am I stepping into a situation where me or steve or rob has to moderate a sales site and deal with people who got ripped off, or if I made a mistake in programming you lost a sale and so on. Too much trouble -- I can't even get off my arse to build the gallery system.

Now for a nice salary and a percentage of the sales maybe we could talk :)

so for now its just like an advert in your local classifieds ..

If I put something up for sale on the FAQ, I will attempt to get in touch with the first person to post a response.

However, if it takes me awhile to get back on the FAQ and multiple people have responded via FAQ or email, I will always respond in this order:

(1) an Oregon 02'er

(2) a Pac NW 02'er

(3) order of post/email response

Now, if I'm in communication with a person from anyone from these three groups and they are responding......communicating, etc...., the transaction is theirs until the funds have arrived and the item is shipped. If they fail to keep in communication, then I go back to my above order.

Another thing to consider when posting a response, is that someone off-FAQ has Emailed the seller thus, reaching you ahead of time before the post.....or before the seller has noticed a reply to a post. A lot of us have enabled email contact via the FAQ as well.

This disconnect could cause some problems, hard feelings, etc....

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

because there isn't a little rule book to go by, so you can play the game anyway you wish and rationalize it according to what suits you at the moment.

When I sell stuff, it is the first person that says I want it, who I sell it to. I give that person 24 hours to paypal me or otherwise pay for the article. I have had friends email me after, and I had to tell them it was sold. My philosophy is first come first serve, and I think that is the expectation when you sell something to the public. I have other items that I have sold privately to friends, and others that I have let friends know about before posting. I personally believe that is the correct protocol.

On a side note, I have also waited for payment for months from people that had said "I want it" and that payment never materialized, thus excluding others from the opportunity of buying it. It is for that reason that I try to close the deal in 24 hours. Money talks and bullshit walks, that is so true...

Most of the items that I have sold recently have been quick transactions, the buyer not only says I"ll take it, but I will paypal you inmediately. As soon as the paypal is received I put a big "SOLD" on the posting, not only to let others know, but to let the buyer know.

All these things make sense to me, but if everybody thought like me, we would live in a perfect but boring world!

FAQ Member # 91

sorry man

speak of the devil.....for the record you guys, i have tried for a year or longer to get mr petersen to give up, sell me, allow me to buy rights to or otherwise use the user name blunt....

unsuccessfully, as you can see...i mean he sugar coats everything he says so why does a nice guy like him need the name like....

and for the record you guys i don't hold grudges against the fortunate buyers but the sellers that pull the crap i'm talking about can.....

and auggiedave....no sweat mister....you ain't in my book of crooks...you're one of the good guys

Blunt? Sugar-coating? Ask the E30 board guys...... He just shows us '02ers his feminine side to trick us into buying more stuff we don't really need from him. ;-)

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

If I put something up for sale on the FAQ, I will attempt to get in touch with the first person to post a response.

However, if it takes me awhile to get back on the FAQ and multiple people have responded via FAQ or email, I will always respond in this order:

(1) an Oregon 02'er

(2) a Pac NW 02'er

(3) order of post/email response

Now, if I'm in communication with a person from anyone from these three groups and they are responding......communicating, etc...., the transaction is theirs until the funds have arrived and the item is shipped. If they fail to keep in communication, then I go back to my above order.

Another thing to consider when posting a response, is that someone off-FAQ has Emailed the seller thus, reaching you ahead of time before the post.....or before the seller has noticed a reply to a post. A lot of us have enabled email contact via the FAQ as well.

This disconnect could cause some problems, hard feelings, etc....

Jerry

that's fair and understandable mr curry but until now how many of us knew of your sales policy...it's not wrong just not known which causes angst amongst some folks...me being one of them

as a similar example to your approach...whenever someone posts anything i see and might want but qualifies it by stating local pick up only or no shipping....that's honest and i don't bother responding....but absent knowing what you're up to, if i was the 1st responder and later found out you sold it to your cross town buddy, i'd be ripped and add name to my book....

comprende or is that line of thought unreasonable and/or too much to expect...?

1.) YOU are selling the part - YOU name the selling price ( .)

this is not an auction. If you want bidders - than join an auction,

or state your conditions of sale like "sold to highest bidder".

2.) First come with a deposit or full payment gets part (.)

You inform other 'late' comers that if the present buyer does not

send payment - they (the late comer) will be contacted in a short period

and given an oportunity to buy.

1a.) A seller that does not state the SELLING PRICE in the ad does not

deserve any replys. YOU ARE THE SELLER AND YOU SET THE PRICE

THAT YOU NEED TO SATISFIY YOU TO PART WITH YOUR JUNQUE.

e6cere2.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

2.) First come with a deposit or full payment gets part

Pity you didn't specify that in your ad a while back for the 5 spd driveshaft. I'm waiting on a reply from you to advise me shipping costs so I can send you the total $$$ and you reply to say you sold it locally. I certainly didn't find that amusing or ethical.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2.) First come with a deposit or full payment gets part

Pity you didn't specify that in your ad a while back for the 5 spd driveshaft. I'm waiting on a reply from you to advise me shipping costs so I can send you the total $$$ and you reply to say you sold it locally. I certainly didn't find that amusing or ethical.

that is one of the reasons I always include shipping costs in my items, I make an educated guess what it would cost to ship UPS or US mail. Sometimes I guess high, sometimes I guess low, but it helps expedite the transaction. Really, who has time to go back and forth??? There is also a true cost of handling, ie packing, protecting, printing labels, going to post office or UPS store, it takes time.

I know sooner or later someone will complain that I overcharge for the shipping, I will simply ignore his crying, not worth a reply or explanation. People like that I do not associate with...

FAQ Member # 91