• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Carcar back from the dead...

K-Swiss

Well since I've moved up into the dust bowl my car time has kind of gone away. Simply put the elements up here are too rough to expose my Bimmer to it. So she's relaxing in a warm garage. However in order to ensure I can make the most of the driving season she needs some love. Thus Project Carcar Stage 1 begins. Therefore I can spend my time driving this..

bingpic.jpg

Instead of a gas guzzling V8 Chevy pick up

Plans call for a head rebuild with a bit of help from Dr. Schrick. Also the drive shaft is getting rebuilt since I left a few ball bearings from it on the Duffey. Also it will be getting a new shock and spring set up. Since I'm tired of being the king of lean... Also some subframe mounts since the originals are a bit pounded.

lean.jpg

Time to Dig in!

CIMG1745.sized.jpg

I'll be posting up with updates as they come...

Onto Week 1

Okay, Todays antics..

Got up at 7:00 and hit the road. Grabbed a Timmies B.E.L.T and was set. Got to the garage at about 9:00 and had the head off by noon.

So heres the progress of the day.

What it looked like when I arrived.

CIMG2193.sized.jpg

Gaaah I got some detailing work to do...

CIMG2194.sized.jpg

Rad now removed(Will be getting recored and while its out I will be doing some rust treatment in the nose)

CIMG2196.sized.jpg

Bilsteins and Eibachs... That are being replaced. Anybody need 2002 suspension bits?

CIMG2197.sized.jpg

At about this time I started having a helluva time removing the manifold to downpipe bolts grrr... I don't know what I did when I installed them but damn they were tight.

CIMG2198.sized.jpg

Mmmm double row timing chain goodness!

Man this thing needs to be cleaned!

OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!

CIMG2199.sized.jpg

Sadly reality had to come and I had to go back out into this...

CIMG2200.sized.jpg

Not bad for a day working 9:00-3:00 Got the rear suspension bits and tore the head off..

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

Anything wrong with your Bilsteins/Eibachs??? How many miles? I'm assuming the Bilsteins are HD's and not Sports? I could be interested...

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams