• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My heart is broken...

JohnC

Wow that sucks John, it always happens when you get your car to right where you want it to be. I was actually in Sierra Madre today (did the Mt. Wilson trail hike) and had my eyes peeled for any 2002's because I knew it would probably be you. I had my inka parked in front of St. Rita's on Baldwin. You'll be back in it soon, meanwhile put more miles on that tii. Oh, by the way, I may have a spare shorty front bumper that would need to be refinished, but overall pretty straight, I'll keep you posted.

Hey Nick, good to hear from you. My wife reported the Inka sighting on Baldwin!

Yes, I may need that bumper!

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Hey John-

I can't believe that happened!. I'm so sorry. Glad nobody got hurt. Well, you're getting some good practice putting '02's together.......wanna come help me with mine??

Craig

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Condolences...as that is a real bummer. However, having been in a couple of accidents in 02's, this is another affirmation of how well these cars are built. Nobody got hurt, the panels crumpled like they were designed to do in just such an occurence, and you walked away. Now, if it had been a little Geo or something like that, I have to wonder if you wouldn't be in a hospital right now. Very sorry again, hope she fixes up nice.

-Ben

John,

Once again man, I feel terrible to see this picture! I am not sure if many people know, but I have seen the progress of building this car all along even since we took the motor out from underneath..etc

I am glad you are feeling better and its away at the shop because I would not handle looking at this car everyday as it would make my blood boil! I am glad the motor is in good shape. This car is awesome to drive. Get well soon!

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

I'm happy to hear the driver and passenger (s) are fine. I am worried however for my car. My tii is my daily. I will be heartbroken if it happened to me. I just picked up a 76 2002A and I'm thinking that maybe it should be my daily instead. Anyway, I'm sure you're car will be back on the road in no time. How is the insurance company treating the claim?

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

My heart is broken too, just from looking at those pictures. It is not fair! Hang in there, everything is repairable, but you will embarking in yet another journey. Let me know if you need anything, I have a 69 parts car, if you can't locate new stuff.

FAQ Member # 91