• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought I escaped... but, I am back

prsncat

When I sold my 75 2002 with the blown headgasket last year, I thought to myself: "Okay, I have finally owned my last 2002! I can stop counting at 43 personally owned cars in the 02-series."

Damn... it didn't last a year?!?!?!

I will be back "in the family" again with a square taillight BMW 2002 in the near future. I will post pictures and details when it is in my garage.

What have I done?

-Brian, Irvine CA

When I sold my 75 2002 with the blown headgasket last year, I thought to myself: "Okay, I have finally owned my last 2002! I can stop counting at 43 personally owned cars in the 02-series."

Damn... it didn't last a year?!?!?!

I will be back "in the family" again with a square taillight BMW 2002 in the near future. I will post pictures and details when it is in my garage.

What have I done?

-Brian, Irvine CA

hehe.. they always come back...

Andy-

I did buy the 85 Porsche 928S AND the Fjord Blue BMW 2002 from Tim -- a package deal. You KNOW how much I love that 928S... so I made an offer and then sat back and waited to see whether or not he would accept. Eventually, more than 2 weeks later, he agreed to sell both cars to me.

As soon as he smogs the 928S, I will pick it up.

The BMW 2002 needs 1 thing done before I can pick it up. So here are some of the details on the 2002 for everyone else:

It will be a 1974 BMW 2002.

Fjord Blue

Funky, multiple shades of blue velour Recaro interior with a 4-pt roll cage and harnesses

The lightly modified engine with dual 45 DCOEs needs rings (it kills bugs with blue smoke wherever it goes)

Mated to an E21 O/D 5-speed

Welded Differential (a LSD in its future?)

Cut springs with Bilsteins

Rides on 15-inch weels

It has AC which actually worked and a decent stereo.

Spoiler on the front and a spoiler on the trunk.

It's a nice little car in need of an engine overhaul.

I cannot wait to pickup the 928S.

The 2002 will be more of a project for awhile before I can enjoy it.

BRian

Curt, regarding the 2002A:

I LOVE the 2002A... details? I shouldn't ask, but I would love to know more. Something other than Sahara, Chamonix, Inka, or Colorado?

Mark (San Diego):

What are you going to do with the drivetrain out of the 75 2002 you picked up? My new acquisition needs rings. I might be interested in your motor to drop in while I am rebuilding mine. Contact me off-FAQ at

bfoster@BMW-2002.org

Gordon, regarding the E3:

Never responded to any of my emails (5) or phone messages (2). Sahara, unfortunately, is one of my absolute least favorite colors [wait until we hear the cries of pain over that comment?!?!? :-) ]. But, I was seriously interested.

Thanks all for the comments. About the only other "project" I am keeping my out for is a decent Land Rover Series II/IIA or Nissan Patrol. Love the early 4WDs.

-Brian