• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Shock Rebuild?

FL02

Has anyone rebuilt the stock boge shocks on a 2002? My car is fully stock and in pretty good shape (1969 2002). The problem is, it rides like a pogo stick w/ little dampening from the stock suspension. The shocks are in good shape and I'd like to rebuild them instead of getting billsteins if I can. I'd like to keep the original feel of the car, and think a rebuild would fix the pogo issue. Is it hard to rebuild the shocks? Do you think it would be a matter of cleaning and putting in some new suspension oil? Anyway, just wondering if anyone has rebuilt their stock shocks, and if they had any suggestions or warnings about a stock shock rebuild.

i rebuilt my late 71 Malaga car stock including returning the single barrel solex carburetor.

the trunk had a pair of new Boge struts in it when i bought the car so i used them. on the few times i've driven the car so far, it's been a lot of fun. it's easy to slide around corners and will lean a bit more due to the stock sway bars, i believe. it's a different feel from the 75 i had with LS differential, thicker rear swaybar and slightly wider tires.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Use BILSTEIN " HD " shocks at all 4 corners -

your car is 30 years past due for this Service !

it will be comfortable, sporty, as originally designed.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

The Boge dampers are actually pretty nice for a daily driver/touring. I installed a set on a '73 I just bought.

Good dampening for OE springs and a nice controlled ride without the hashness of a high pressure gas damper/shock. The rear shocks are a nice semi-gloss black(stock looking). I would also suggest you replace the front bumpstops as the originals deteriorate with age.

They're also a great value. E-mail me if you're interested in a set. I can usually ship within a day.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793