• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e21 bumper tuck and makeover

esty

Can't really see the bumper tuck from that angle. I want to do one on my 82 but, I am not that courageous.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

i'm a tough old broad...i can take it....

good or bad though, it won't matter cause i like it

doing this bumper was a lot easier than doing the 2002's...remove the bumper (4 bolts laying on your back)...trim an inch off the apron...2 inches oout of the middle the end pieces and bolt her back on....you don't have to remove the bumper shocks

there was a lot more fluid spray on this one than i've even seen on an o2...so be careful...it smells like z's skunk

looks good. anytime you can tuck those bumpers in a bit it really helps. a little too much white for me. i would have went with black grilles but you like it so thats all that counts. looks like nice workmanship

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Sorry, but yeah, thats too much white. Needs atleast the black grille and probably the bumpers to help balance the car out.

I can't tell much about the bumper shortening. But I have a preference for leaving them intact and big. If you gotta deal with the extra weight, might as well have the shocks work in case you need to herd cattle or take out a fat pedestrian.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

"The mismatched white paint looks bad"

after i drive it around a few of these dirt roads we have in mississippi no one'll be able to tell...it is a tad brighter than the alpine but close enough for me....i'm thinking i'm might paint the body, below the side trim in the same white i used on the bumpers...which was some leftover i sprayed my met with...

2-tone white on white

thats too much white. Needs atleast the black grille and probably the bumpers to help balance the car out.

my BMW k-car....reminds me of those dodge's and plymouth's from the mid 70's or 80's...know the ones i'm talking about ?

You mean the generic Aries/Reliant/ 30 other POS Mopar labels?

Too many memories from my youth from the interiors of those cars. My roofless Shadow was the same K-car platform, and it didn't explode in flames every time I drove it, and I only had to replace the headgasket once, so I call it a good purchase.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

thats too much white. Needs atleast the black grille and probably the bumpers to help balance the car out.

my BMW k-car....reminds me of those dodge's and plymouth's from the mid 70's or 80's...know the ones i'm talking about ?

Yes.

usa_spiritrt_front.jpg

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I see you are also working on the 02. Are you shaving the front markers and removing bumpers?

i finally got around to making it so i can lower the chrome bumper so it's mounted properly...i had the big bumper holes welded & slots cut for the chrome brackets....i'm just waiting on a few days of warm weather so i can repaint the front where the work was done

it's all worked and primed...it'll just need one last light sanding then paint and clear...i shaved the markers and gas filler a couple of years ago