• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Rejuvination

Started work on fitting the new Z3 M seats into the car. Unfortunately the old mounts make the seats sit far too high. Being at 6'2" my head was going straight out of the sunroof. That all meant that the seat mounts had to come out. This would end up being a very good thing after I had them out, pictures will tell the story. Here is the floor with the mounts out:

MountsOut.jpg

FinalCleansingbeforewelding.jpg

DriversSidereadyforwelding.jpg

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I ordered a new front floor and am now waiting on that to come in. In the mean time I have another goodie to install. I want to thank Keith from www.my2002tii.com for the idea on this one. It is a rear view mirror from and E30 with map lights:

OldandNewRearviewMirror.jpg

I might actually get that headliner in before the summer is over...

See you all at V@V, obviously not with the car,

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The trip to V@V was tons of fun and it gave me some more motivation to get going on my project. My father and I drove down to North Carolina and had a really great time at the show. I ended up buying a new steering wheel for my car:

NewSteeringwheelandshiftknob.jpg

It is in excellent shape and goes along with the new shift knob very well. Also it should get rid of all of the horn problems I have had with my old steering wheel.

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

So, after all of the excitement of V@V I got home a started trying to mount my Z3 M Coupe seats. I figured out the wiring and then designed and built the mounts. The seats sit at just about the same height as the stock seats in the middle of their setting and are just short of the rear seats when all of the way back. Here are the mounts and seats:

FrontMountside.jpg

FrontMounts.jpg

SeatMountspainted.jpg

SeatinPlaceafterfrontmountsfront.jpg

SeatinPlaceafterfrontmountsfrontsid.jpg

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

It felt so great to get the seat mounts figured out. Now it was time to deal with the rusty passenger floor. I tore the old one out and was very happy to find that my frame rail still looked great underneath. I threw some POR15 on the inside of the frame rail just to try and prevent any possibility of rust getting in there.

FlooralmostClean2.jpg

FrameRailpainted.jpg

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Yes! Finally done with the floors. I thought it was just the passenger side front that was rotten. Silly me. I ended up replacing spots in the front and rear driver's side and the rear passenger side as well. It really does feel great to have it finished. It is all painted now with POR 15 and I used their seam sealer to make sure the new pieces that I welded in would be water tight.

DriversSidefrontfloorpaintedandseal.jpg

DriversSiderearfloorpaintedandseale.jpg

PassengerSidefrontfloorpaintedandse.jpg

PassengerSiderearfloorpaintedandsea.jpg

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

What type/brand of rims is that? Good luck with that project.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Got the headliner hung and glued today. It really wasn't nearly as bad as I thought that it was going to be. It only has one small wrinkle in it, and its in a place that I will never see it. I also got the FatMat thrown in.

HeadlinerBeamsinback.jpg

CarTapedback.jpg

BackWindowglued.jpg

HeadlinerGluedexceptforsunroof.jpg

Clipsfromrearwindow.jpg

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg