• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Rejuvination

I received the new door panel boards that I ordered from Dave at Aardvark. These are truly top quality. I should have them all put together and in this weekend. I also started the maple center console piece and should have the rough cut out done by the end of this weekend.

So close to being done with the interior now.

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really inspiring me to get a move on with my inteior. I have the only02 carpet on its way and a friend who has stencils to cut new door cards. Cant wait!

An H-Krix style console would be awsome too....

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 2 weeks later...

So close to being done now. I finally got my Aardvark door panels put together and installed. I put new door brakes in while I was in there too. I also made the center console out of maple. It turned out great. Here are a couple of pics:

DriversSidedoorpanel.jpg

CenterConsole.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

You work quick man!

Did you do anything to refurb the felt or squeegee on the door panel upper chrome trim? I'm looking for any shortcuts or ideas to keep me from having to buy $300 trim pieces...

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

You work quick man!

Did you do anything to refurb the felt or squeegee on the door panel upper chrome trim? I'm looking for any shortcuts or ideas to keep me from having to buy $300 trim pieces...

Yea, I will be slowing down soon, school starts in a week. Summer vacation is nice for these things.

I just left the the old felt and squeegee the way they were for now. I might have some door panels done in blue and black later, so I will redo them then.

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Center console is finished and installed. I also got my head unit and new speakers installed this past week. Sounds pretty good, but I still need some speakers up front. I think I will put them into the two underdash panels all the way to the sides of the dash. That way I don't have to cut my door panels, and it will be easier to run wire there too. Here are the pictures of the center console and all of its accessories:

CenterConsolein.jpg

CenterConsolefinished.jpg

Cupholder.jpg

DVD2.jpg

Now I have to go out and wash the thing!

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 8 months later...