• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am having a problem with a member on this board...

Pierre

Well, since Pierre isn't going to estytise him anytime soon, I guess FAQers have no resort but to post to this thread until we can finger the welcher via elimination.

I am not the welcher.

Well if we don't get the identity of this member, I may have another FAQ'er to welch the fire. It is only a $10 grill but hey I went out of my way to help him out and it's beginning to look as though he is going to flake.

The part is waiting for you in SF as promised, call or email.

But what do I know

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the person CANT pay and some unexpected crises happened to him, give the option of taking back the car and refunding the downpayment, He may need the downpayment cash back more than the car. If he declines that option, start firing salvos.

1975 BMW 02 Sahara

VIN 2361470

1974 BMW 02 Tii Agave

VIN 2782449

His name is Chris Culpen. He goes by Culpy on this boaed.

He is a surfer who moved from Hawaii to California (San Clemente) last summer. As I understand it, he buids surf boards.

He bought Tatiana (a 74 2002) for $2900. He sent me $1000 from Hawaii 2 months before he actually took delivery of the car. When he did, he did not have the whole balance. He had $700 and promised the rest in 2 weeks. I got another $200 in October after numerous emails and a "paging Chris Culpen" post on this board. Coincidentially, I see that the post following this thread is "paging Chris Culpen" posted by Alan.

My goal is to collect the balance due to me. I also think it's important that everyone here watches out for promises that will not be fulfilled. How about everyone here send him an email (or 2 or 10) or call him, especially if you do know him. I am hopeful that we can resolve this issue, learn from it and move on.

His email address is: chrisculpen@yahoo.com

His phone number is: 808 782 6223

Thank you for your amazing support.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

He is probably too busy trying to save "Trestles", to write you back.

He now has an opportunity to state his case, or meet his obligations to you.

Maybe a friendly "Dad to Dad" letter to his father http://www.culpenandwoods.com/ will expedite settlement to this unpleasant situation.

He sounds like an otherwise decent guy. Just needs to reprioritize his finances.

You have been more than gracious to him so far, hope this "nudges" him into compliance. (Sorry Kids, the father in me sneaks out occasionally.)

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I simply suggest that no member here sells him any parts until he paid Pierre in full. Maybe a more elegant process than email and phone harassement. His dad has nothing to do in this case. Or file a claim to court and repo the car. Keep the money you already have.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Chris is a nice guy with a "hang loose" attitude who got himself in a bind.

And instead of dealing with it head on, he is choosing the "ostrich" maneuver. I really don't think he is a "bad' guy, or "mean" or has intentions to defraud me. But it does not excuse his behavior. He just needs to come forward and commit to make good on his obligation and actually fulfill it.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam