• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am having a problem with a member on this board...

Pierre

I bought an 02 from the FAQ for sale board in Jan 2007 from a nice guy with a “hang loose” attitude named Perry England, AKA Perper. He was not a regular FAQer. He was a student in NYC with family in my state, PA. It was a 3AM delivery and he had to get his rented trailer back to NYC, so I cross checked the VIN and wrote my stats on the title; he took the title with the promise that he would sign it over in front of a notary, and mail it to me, along with a pile of service paperwork for the car and some misc 02 parts. Since then, we traded email 45 times, with Perry constantly offering excuses, apologizing and promising to notarize the title and mail it to me right away. His last email was in October, and he said that he notarized the title and was hoping to send it to me in the next couple days, because he was moving to Vancouver. He hasn’t replied to my emails since.

I bet tons of FAQers have stories just like yours and mine.

Lesson: Don’t believe a Welcher…not for a second.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

A deal is a deal. You have held up your end of the bargain, but the other party has fallen short in satisfying his responsibilities. Your post should serve to alert all FAQ'ers to be on their guard.

It seems inappropriate to contact the other party's family members - unless this person is a minor (even though he may act like one) or if the family member is using your former vehicle. At the very least, only you or your designated representative should make this effort and NOT the rabble (albeit well intentioned) on this board. This is why we have a judicial system and not the law of the jungle.

Who knows, these posts, by themselves may prompt the redress you seek and offer a cautionary tale to all of us. (Alonso?)

Take it e___asy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy.

Chris is a nice guy with a "hang loose" attitude who got himself in a bind.

And instead of dealing with it head on, he is choosing the "ostrich" maneuver. I really don't think he is a "bad' guy, or "mean" or has intentions to defraud me. But it does not excuse his behavior. He just needs to come forward and commit to make good on his obligation and actually fulfill it.

I don't think any of us care about a debt to settle...we just wanna know...Is he an Eagles fan?????

Major props to you Pierre for being mature about this. Hopefully we can give Culpy props for standing up and settling things.

BTW- My wife and I did go see the Eagles the last time around. WAAAAAAY overpriced. Just an OK concert, but Joe Walsh stole the show. Doing the old James Gang songs was the only way to get people up on their feet.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Myspace page . . .

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=12567595

Facebook . . .

http://www.facebook.com/people/Chris_Culpen/559270891

Saving Trestles . . .

http://www.asrtalkingheads.com/2008/02/bowen-from-a-fr.html

Employer in Hawaii . . .

http://malakye.com/asp/front/CMSPage.asp?TYP_ID=1&ID=27

I got my own glass shop until 5-6 years into it. It’s a lot of fun, but its work too. I couldn’t do it without my guys. Chris Culpen, My sander, Greg Walters is on vacation for a while. Matt “Steamer” Stanley one of our glassers. Jimmy, another one of our glassers who loves to skydive. He works all week, and goes to jump on weekends – glass to jump. Lindsey and Keefer a.k.a. Magnum. They are all over and awesome.

Culpy in the toilet bowl . . .

http://www.juicemagazine.com/juicehomenewz1-2007.html

Chris_Culpen_1SM.jpg

I'm starting a Save Culpy Fund... I'll put in the first $10. Pierre, send me your PayPal info and I'll send it over to you. My email: xxx

No joke, if this community is about helping others out than I'll be the first to do so...

i'll contribute as well...however...consider that the offender might view our gesture as bailing him out instead of making pierre flush...it just sets a bad example...let me know if a fund's started so i can make myself feel good by contributing

one more thing...it's extremely low down to even consider contacting one of his family members...the deal wasn't with them...nor were any of us a party to the action...shame on anyone that considered it

I'm starting a Save Culpy Fund... I'll put in the first $10. Pierre, send me your PayPal info and I'll send it over to you. My email: my72tii@gmail.com

No joke, if this community is about helping others out than I'll be the first to do so...

WTF? Sorry, I think that's a total joke. The only thing Culpy deserves from anyone is a kick in the nuts. I'm all for helping folks out that have suffered a hardship, but to bail out a dude that made a poor financial decision and has since displayed a severe lack of character is complete bullshit. Offering someone advice or volunteering your time to help them with their 02 is truly altruistic and exemplifies what this community is about. Culpy made a mistake and needs to own up to it. He doesn't deserve a peso from anyone.

a lot of links...

You're kind of freaking me out a little there, f1....

Looks like Detective F1 is on the case.

I noticed Biscuit 3's profile on Culpy's Facebook account. I wonder what Otis thinks of that!

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

SInce you know how to get hold of him, why not strike a deal for a surf board or two that will make up for the difference? Since he makes them, it should be no real cost for him only time and materials. Best of all, you could have him design you a BMW 2002 deck and sell it here on the forum board with all these posts clear laminated under the gel coat.

Ultimate Driving Machine & Loathing in Hawaii

post-2154-13667587452669_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

Look, I feel bad for Pierre, I've been there for more than $2k! I'm just trying to do my part to help him out.

I think it would be better to call it the Keep Pierre Whole Fund, vs the Save Cuply fund. I think we all care that Pierre got ripped off, and none of us give a damn about Culpy.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

WTF? Sorry, I think that's a total joke.

Look, I feel bad for Pierre, I've been there for more than $2k! I'm just trying to do my part to help him out.

Sorry man, it's just that the SAVE CULPY FUND gave the impression of bailing Culpy out more than helping Pierre. I've been there too and it's no fun being ripped off. I guess it's a lesson learned for everyone and the punishment for guys like Culpy is they likely will no longer benefit from the goodwill of members here. But Pierre if you have trouble keeping the lights on at home let us know we will help. If I was in SoCal I'd go about trying to collect your money like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0t_fAddwDk

one more thing...it's extremely low down to even consider contacting one of his family members...the deal wasn't with them...nor were any of us a party to the action...shame on anyone that considered it

My suggestion was NEVER to harass his family members. It was to have a "Father to Father" talk because Pierre has been treating Culpy with family-like compassion and patience (as any parent should do with their children), a conversation with his father (whom I am sure he respects) might yield some kind of win-win solution. If my grown son had gotten in a little too deep, and just needed a little encouragement to "do the right thing", I would want to know, so I could help him.

Sorry, no shame in that. That is just what fathers do.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours