• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am having a problem with a member on this board...

Pierre

a lot of links...

You're kind of freaking me out a little there, f1....

quite a lot of info on just about anyone. If I put my buddy Gregg Sutter on the case (he's been novelist Elmore Leonard's researcher for 25 years) he'd know the brand of toilet paper culpy used after his last dump in ten minutes.

Good training for the 02faq search.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but the issue is that Chris has to take responsibility and fulfill his obligation.

Setting up a fund would condone Chris's behavior.

I told Chris that he could send me $100 a month, even $50. Eventually, he would be done, even if it took a year. But there was no progression, no effort and he would not reply to my email.

Then, he acquired another 2002... He is obviously not hurting that bad.

I hope he does come through. I have not heard from him yet. Has anyone?

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Pierre,

I'm not quite in the same boat as you, but he has my Kamei spoiler, 75.00 worth of dynamat and some hubs for a BB conversion. He came to my house to buy a limited slip diff for 200.00. He seemed like a nice guy and I figured he was a stand up guy from the forums so I traded him some things to fix my spoiler. He now won't respond to any of my e-mails. My pleas went like this:

----- Original Message ----

To: Chris Culpen

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 9:47:25 PM

Chris,

It's Alan, the one who sold you the LSD and gave you the 320 hubs for a big brake and dynamat to fix the front air dam.........So, what's the deal with the front air dam? If you can't or don't want to fix it just tell me where we could meet so I can get it back. I sent you an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, but you never responded. Don't let me lose faith!

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 10:18:36 PM

hey Alan,

Sorry I havent gotten back to ya. All I have to do is sand it. That thing had allot of cracks.I closed up all the cracked holes, and fiberglassed them. You will have to drill them out to screw back on to the car.

I just dident want to do a half ass job. I never fix 1 before. So I wanted to make it nice.

Lets set it up for this weekend.

chris

To: Chris Culpen

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 10:36:23 PM

Chris,

THANKS!!!! I hope I didn't come off as an unappreciative a-hole, but I always wanted THAT spoiler on my car. This weekend is kinda tight for me. I have my 2 year old's B-day party on Saturday. I may have an opening on Sunday morning. BTW my faith has not faltered in our great 2002 community.

Thanks again,

Alan

Last response from Chris:

cool, just let me know?

I might be coming down to surf on the weekend.

If I do? I will drop it off.

keeping the faith alive!!

chris

11 year work in progress

I admire your calmness in a thing like this Pierre. I know a thing or two about wankers not paying up (hey I'm self-employed). Most are sensitive for a little legal pressure, others - and fortunately this only happened once to me - need the pressure of violence. But what I do mostly nowadays, is not fabricate anything or sell anything without being paid first. Americans have given the world some great expressions, and one of my favorites is "money talks, bullshit walks". Nice and simple. Anyway, maybe you can have a lawyer send him a letter, that you started legal action. It shows the sonofabitch you mean business. The other alternative is kicking his lights out, which really doesn't help anything, or let this 02 lynch mob loose, which really really really doens't help anything. Good luck!

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.

Guest Anonymous
... The other alternative is kicking his lights out, which really doesn't help anything, or let this 02 lynch mob loose, ...

Kick his round tail lights out and then Lynch'em;

hang "ten" surfer boy

hang'em high!

I guess that giving $200 to a notary to deliver a legal notice is worth the expense. Simply sending a register mail will not be enough.

Imagine the kid in his wet suit at the beach with a guy dressed in dark blue suit handing him out a legal paper. You got served dude.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Pierre,

Don't let mistaken your kindness as a weakness. You've been more than patient, tak it to the fullest extent of the law and then some for the BS...or just go over there and demand the money. Or have someone pay him a visit and collect for you and then give them a percent just like a collection agent....

L.T.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris did react. He wrote me a couple of weeks ago upset because of this post and the many messages and emails he got from all of you.

It means that boards WORKS and your efforts paid off. Thank you.

Chris also promised (I heard that one before) he will come through and pay what he owes. I won't wait as long this time and will keep fire under his pants.

I haven't received any payments yet. I will let you all know when I do or if I don't.

Thanks again.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.

My kids, wife and I like the Eagles and we saw them in concert about 10 years ago and thought it was the best concert we had seen in a long time.

I hope everything works out for the principle parties here Pierre by getting paid and the other guy by paying.

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

My kids, wife and I like the Eagles and we saw them in concert about 10 years ago and thought it was the best concert we had seen in a long time.

I hope everything works out for the principle parties here Pierre by getting paid and the other guy by paying.

don henley is a dick but i like his tunes...especially "get over it"

don henley is a dick but i like his tunes...especially "get over it"

Esty,

I don't know any of them personally I just enjoy their music.

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

• 8 months later...

I was able to get the car back acouple of months ago, albeit partially disassembled and missing many parts. (I had to tow it 150 miles) Body work was started but the quality is so poor, most of it has to be undone and redone. Furthermore, the tags were expired and still in my name. I had to pay back fees and penalties.

The whole claim that the car was rusty turned out to be bogus. Yes, there is some rust on the rear parcel shelf. The rest of the car is completely dry including he spare tire well. The windshield gaskets leak.

I just parked it, covered it and don't want to think about it for a while. I may reassemble it eventually, sell it as it or part it out. Right now, it's a storage unit for my tii I am repainting.

Pierre

O==00==O