• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with wheel hub covers

Kidasters

Well - I'm in the home stretch of getting the front wheels back on the car. I'm trying to get the little cover back on the hub, and I can't. I've been pounding multiple ways for the last hour or so. It won't go. I thought maybe I put too much grease in there, and it was getting hydraulically locked, but I don't think that's the problem. It just seems too big. I've got them both in the freezer now, and they are going to live there overnight to try and shrink up. I know it's not hitting the pin in there, but it won't go on. Any suggestions besides the freezer?

Thanks,

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Well - after working on it for too long, I gave up on the shiny parts. Grabbed the old ones, cleaned the grease out and refreshed it, and they slipped right on.

Shit.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

The new caps have a slight taper(not enough in my opinion).

I placed the cap over the hub, placed a rubber mallet over the new cap and tapped it on with a dead blow mallet.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793