• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd-looking '02 pics on e-bay car...kind of OT

EWN2002

I'm not accusing anyone of anything but some of these photos on this car almost look like a model car...by model I mean "scale model." They don't look real to me. Do any photographers out there know why or how the photographer gets that effect? Special lens, filter, focus, etc..?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-BMW-2002_W0QQitemZ320225104513

John in the Columbia River Gorge

1976 2002 Chamonix/Navy - SOLD

2001 330i

I'm not accusing anyone of anything but some of these photos on this car almost look like a model car...by model I mean "scale model." They don't look real to me. Do any photographers out there know why or how the photographer gets that effect? Special lens, filter, focus, etc..?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-BMW-2002_W0QQitemZ320225104513

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The pic that puzzled me is this one :

2b0e_1.JPG

Who knows. May be its the camera setting or the way the pic was taken.

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

There's something that is model-like about that picture, but notice the zip tie grill locks, trim oxidation, bumper chrome blemishes, etc., etc. If it's a model, it was definitely built by an 02er!

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

It appears that those pics were taken with a camera that had the aperture, or F-stop, opened up (smaller f-stop #s) which reduces the depth of field of picture (less areas in focus). So areas in front of and behind the focus area are blurred. I am sure F1reverb can explain it better. It is a real car, rust, zipties, and all.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

narrow depth of field created with a combo of F-stop setting and lens choice or with photoshop. if you blur the background and create a shorter depth of field, the finer details stand out more.

there was a thread about using this technique on here a year or so ago but i can't find it at the moment.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

It appears that those pics were taken with a camera that had the aperture, or F-stop, opened up (smaller f-stop #s) which reduces the depth of field of picture (less areas in focus). So areas in front of and behind the focus area are blurred. I am sure F1reverb can explain it better. It is a real car, rust, zipties, and all.

OT: How are you doing Mr. Steve? It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and taking that drive to C&C before the break of dawn!. Your Touring is stunning BTW. May be we'll meet at Bimmerfest since it will be in your backyard?

Hamada

OT: How are you doing Mr. Steve? It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and taking that drive to C&C before the break of dawn!. Your Touring is stunning BTW. May be we'll meet at Bimmerfest since it will be in your backyard?

Hamada

Hey Hamada,

More OT Thanks for the compliments. We will get together at Bimmerfest 5/03. I am checking out some routes to take any "Classic" BMWs that come to B-fest. A casual classic cruise. A few pics of possible routes.

P3100346.jpg

P3100345.jpg

P3100344.jpg

P1300336a.jpg

P1300339a.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

I think this is the car that sold in Greensboro, NC on Craigs list for $2500. I test drove it before I found the one I bought in January. This baby had loads of rust from the waist down, there was a puddle in all 4 floorboards. Looks like the new carpet covers that up nicely.

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

taken? Up around San Marcos Pass would be my guess.

We used to chase up and down those roads all the time in the early/mid 60's - grew up in S.B., then my folks moved to Orange Co. shortly after I graduated from SBHS in 1965 - I left for 4 years in the Navy that fall and (aside from vacations) never made it back.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

We used to chase up and down those roads all the time in the early/mid 60's - grew up in S.B., then my folks moved to Orange Co. shortly after I graduated from SBHS in 1965 - I left for 4 years in the Navy that fall and (aside from vacations) never made it back.

Sorta OT hijack, but I put pics of 02's in it.....

Not San Marcos Pass, but Mountain Drive and Gibraltar Road. A little South East of the pass. Great views and great twisties. You need to come down for Bimmerfest. My wife graduated from SBHS in 66. Maiden name Kinsell. I was in Navy 67-69.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Sorta OT hijack, but I put pics of 02's in it.....

Not San Marcos Pass, but Mountain Drive and Gibraltar Road. A little South East of the pass. Great views and great twisties. You need to come down for Bimmerfest. My wife graduated from SBHS in 66. Maiden name Kinsell. I was in Navy 67-69.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread....

wait one more :) This drive sounds like an excellent idea. Now I MUST attend.

later

hamada

wait one more :) This drive sounds like an excellent idea. Now I MUST attend.

later

hamada

Aw, just forget the Fest, we will just go driving......

and take pictures using the new skills we acquired from this thread....

Steve

Sm2o.jpg