• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02(s) Project Blog - TurningWrench.com - updated 4/27/08

Some of you may have seen my new sig with a link to my new project blog site www.turningwrench.com

I'll be posting all my updates to my various 02 projects there but I'll be sure to update this post now and then as well and of course reply to any posts.

I will also be posting reviews of tools that I buy or have purchased along the way. And I hope to be able to add links to other projects from friends and readers as I go...and not just 02s-related stuff.

Just click the links under the "Projects" heading to see all the posts related to each 02.

Thanks for having a look!

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Cool blog, Brad!

Gonna get me one of those rivnut tools next time I go to Harbor Freight, just in case I decide to go ahead with the turbo flare install.

Thanks!

Ditto that, looks like it would be a good piece for helping me out when running brake and fuel lines.

Nice signature too!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

i got them used from AndyS's stash of parts a couple years ago. They are the fiberglass ones so probably very similar to the ones dap sells through the board. i painted them with verona color matched glasurit paint i had mixed up at a local auto paint supply shop. the color matches perfectly.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

you mean these wheels?

DSC_0019

sorry if i didn't reply to your other posted question. they are 13 x 6 Western Racing turbines. I got them from Mike in NC from a car he is restoring. the offset is too small for a non-flared 02...they stick out a bit.

every once in a while a set pops up on ebay. just make sure they are the correct 4x100 bolt pattern and that you have the shank style lug nuts to go with them. i got my lug nuts from jegs easily enough.

these wheels were popular on american muscle cars but usually in the 15" or bigger size. i know that 02faqer carrosene's dad has a set on his bugeye sprite as well.

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Brad,

Nice blog you've developed.See you the 12th at Carpool Vintage Meet.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

• 1 month later...