• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

crusin' into work monday morning

philv

I always see plenty of new BMW on the way in to Vandy. Yesterday

morning there was a guy in a new 7 series behind me. He got off at the exit

that would take him to the BMW dealer here in Nashville. I did a quick glance

and caught a thumbs up from the guy. Kinda made my day.

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

That's waaay cool! The "thumbs up" is becoming a lost art.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Driving in to work on monday, and I sense a car on my left shadowing me. I look over and find a beautiful little classic RHD MiniCooper, with the driver (who is now just about a yard from me) smiling and giving me a big "thumbs-up", I return the gesture. Nice moment, then we both go our ways. Never get tired of people noticing the 02. Happens a couple of times a week.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

So is this the Phil who I met up with outside of Nashville headed to Spartanburg? (how many phils can have 02's and live in Nashville?)

I was pretty much a newbie then and lost track of you and/or the guys I met up with at the Cracker Barrel.

Cheers!

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

A few years ago at around 12:45AM I was driving around in N Orange County and I noticed a cop pacing me from the left lane, about 3 car lengths back. Not many other cars around.

After a minute of this and watching my speedo closely, I finally had enough and took my foot off the gas.

He of course ended up beside me, and then rolled down the passenger window and said "nice car!" or something to that effect. Turns out he owned a squarelight.

I invited him to follow me into a parking lot to have a look. He told me was talking to his gf on the phone while he was following me, describing my car to her.

I told him about the faq, of course.

Cheers,

Ray

Driving in to work on monday, and I sense a car on my left shadowing me. I look over and find a beautiful little classic RHD MiniCooper, with the driver (who is now just about a yard from me) smiling and giving me a big "thumbs-up", I return the gesture. Nice moment, then we both go our ways. Never get tired of people noticing the 02. Happens a couple of times a week.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.