• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Alpina??

ERIC02

Today i found a 1502 at a gas station in realy good condition i asked the atendent (who happend to be the owner of the station and the 02er) if it was for sale and he told me he just bought it and wanted to get it registerd and drive it so i told him i have one too and am more or less looking for extra parts or stuff thats missing on mine then he started telling me how he has 3 full cabriolets at home that need to be restored and a couple ti's that he dosent have time for and that old race car that he bought just for the motor that he needs to get rid of and this got my attention he said it was an original "a1" race car he said "the ones with those wide flares on the sides" and i asked do you mean alpina? and he said yeah something like that. he also told me it is orange and black and gave me his telephone number and told me to call him back and arange a meeting to look at the car and tell him what i would give him (he is thinking i need a parts car) and i was like ok... now i am trying to think what price ? is it real? does the guy no what he has if it is real? and how can i tell if it is a real alpina? does anyone know what to look for ? going price for the body?

first give us photos and a VIN number

before you get all hot and festered.

then we talk - - and have the owner name a price.

NOT you offering a num$ber first.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

you're killing me.....

don't know about the alpina, but i'd sure like to have one of those ti's.

i'm gonna guess these toys are still across the pond.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

when it comes to handeling prices for cars i learned how from my father (he has bought and sold more old vintage cars than you could think of!!) and yes they are all across the pond in a very small town that only i know;) for now and as soon as i have pics i will post CD are there any special vin# or anything i should be looking for to make sure it is the real deal?? but even if it is not i am still interested in buying.

Guest Anonymous

April FOOLS day isnt for a few more days. If the bozo has cab's and ti's and says "something like that" about a flared Alpina race car shell and is dumb enough to take the motor out and sell the shell separately, thank God he doesn't have time to do anything else.

A vin will not tell you for certain whether Alpina had their hands on a car either, unless Alpina has records of it. It will however tell you if the ti's are real (if they in fact exist)

Good score if it's true... good joke if it's not.

My guess is someone will soon be saying "i'm a crazy 02'er and I just got punk'd"

April FOOLS day isnt for a few more days. If the bozo has cab's and ti's and says "something like that" about a flared Alpina race car shell and is dumb enough to take the motor out and sell the shell separately, thank God he doesn't have time to do anything else.

A vin will not tell you for certain whether Alpina had their hands on a car either, unless Alpina has records of it. It will however tell you if the ti's are real (if they in fact exist)

Good score if it's true... good joke if it's not.

My guess is someone will soon be saying "i'm a crazy 02'er and I just got punk'd"

Well said, I very much agree. I couldn't believe he'd have a real alpina stashed away with all his ti's and he's so foolish to not know what he could sell them for. The last "Ferrari in a barn" story I read, wasn't true, all an internet myth, so why'd I believe this one?

I rate that story up there with a guy I met once trying to convince me the $500 2002 I was looking to buy from him was the "original" 2002 that appeared in the movie, "Herbie the love bug". There is a glimpse of a 2002 that herbie passes in a race, but I looked closely after buying the car, and there was no way the two where the same.

And no I didn't believe him!

WH