• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro NK headlighs and grille in 2002?

finkbuilt

Has anybody here ever installed a 2000 euro grill and lights set into a 2002? Do they fit?

That is to say, is the overall opening the same size and shape?

Obviously there would be some work to be done on the mounting of the lights.

This would be so cool on a square lighter with euro bumpers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MHV_BMW_2000.jpg

73 Riviera Daily driver 2002 - MS, 9.5:1, cam, LSD

I've seen it done. An old friend of my Dad's did it to one of his '02s. I do know that the grilles had to be trimmed at the kidney. Unfortunately I was around 6 years old and didn't see him do it, nor does my Dad have any pictures of it.

Many years later that friend gave me the grilles. One of these days I might put them to use...... ;)

post-786-13667588403516_thumb.jpg

post-786-13667588404426_thumb.jpg

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Many years later that friend gave me the grilles. One of these days I might put them to use...... ;)

Nice! So, do the lights mount to the grille itself, or are there some welded tabs and buckets behind them?

I'm not familiar with 2000's.

IF you want to sell them, I have just the project in mind! ;) My soon to be 73 2000/2!

-s

glad you're still around, fink! i was beginning to think we'd lost you to the D+R blog!

Haha!

Yeah, I have my car so well sorted, I slowly weaned myself off this place. But Hugh showed me his new 2000, and now I'm on this hair-brained idea to install these euro lights!

-s

You could try e-mailing Marc Kolmsee (Automobil2067), he runs the German 02 website http://www.kfz-kultur.de/. He can be reached through the contact link in the website. I will email you his address if that doesn't work. He has a beautiful 67 NK and has hundreds of photos of german 02's. He would know whether anyone in Germany has tried it. He should also know how the lights are mounted. He may even be able to lead you to a resource to buy some. I met him last summer, he saw my car and hunted me down. He can communicate fairly well in english.

I think this is Marc's NK

BMW_herbstjagd_281007_8127.jpg

Good luck

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

stay round-eyed

Yeah, I think that I will stay round. I can't bring myself to defile my 73.

Maybe someday I will find a 2000 and give it funny-looking headlights.

Much like the 2000cs, its seems to be a love 'em or hate 'em thing, and I love 'em!