• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration Recommendation in the Pacific Northwest?

Lamont

Hello there.

I am new to the forum and I'm looking for some help in finding a reputable shop or individual to put my car back together. Someone in the Pacific Northwest. I have an early 70's 2002 that has just been painted and engine work finished but it needs to be reassembled with some TLC. Certainly I will need many new parts and bits and pieces to get it back in shape. I don't have the time to tackle this project myself so I'm looking to this board for some tips as there's tons of experience and expertise here. I know that costs will be high, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Brian Capp is the aficionado around these parts. He makes a business of restoriing O2s out in Northbend. He will sell you parts, but you usually have to go pick them up and he seems to prefer to do the work himself when possible. Ie, you drop off your car and pick up a nicely restored one sometime later - like any mechanic shop really.

I haven't contacted him in a while, but his info used to be

Brian Capp NW 02 SIG Chairman

M-ten Autowerke

tel 425 888 4002

Another source for great parts and good advice is AutoSport, in Seattle. You need to pay top dollar but these guys really know their stuff and are very helpful. I consider them to be one of the premeir locations for machine shop work. When they were redoing my block I noticed their shop was full of blocks from ferraris and jags and some cars nearly 100 years old.

Fun stuff.

Hope this helps. Feel free to email me at

sean_harris@hotmail.com

Good Luck!