• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carbon fiber driveshaft,Tilton reverse mount starter

flybmw02

This is my new set up in my 2002 GT-3 car it's a Tilton chevy ultra low ground clearance bellhouseing with a 8" ring gear a two disc clutch with a hydraulic release bearing and a reverse mount starter. I set it up for a saenz 5 speed trans. And a carbon fiber drive shaft.

I can't wait to drive it.

post-6936-13667588493593_thumb.jpg

post-6936-13667588495518_thumb.jpg

post-6936-13667589320147_thumb.jpg

post-6936-13667589322304_thumb.jpg

The bellhousing is the easy part I only drilled four holes in it and trimmed the edges. The butten flywheel is a Quartermaster that has the correct bolt patten but it needed to be spaced out .700" so I cut the back off an junk crank and machined it to index center. The flexplate is a NLA tilton 102 tooth chevy I have five of them. I hog out the center and drilled eight holes and it fits perfect to the back of the butten flywheel. The adaptor plate is 3/8 plate aluminum I leved the car perfect used a plum bob to find vertical and used a dial indicator off the crank and centered the bellhouseing drill dowls holes to keep it centered and drilled the rest of the 3/8 holes and cut off the extra. In the plate I used Time-Sert steel theaded incerts because of the thinness of the plate. The trany plate that bolt to the bellhouseing I had to cut down the thickness so the imput shaft would engage the inner clutch plate. I am waiting for 1/2" incerts for the trany plate. I am adapting a 1310 flange yoke for the differential and the I can order my carbon fiber driveshaft witch is an off the shelf item. Tilton will make a butten flywheel but even as a dealer it cost around $1400.00. I bought almost all the bellhouseing stuff on ebay and I have only spent $980.00 plus the $3500 trany and $560 drive shaft. But I sold my old Nissan tranys and extras for over $5500 so i am still a little ahead.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a link I wish I did. I just have not had the time I spent the day installing a new mini mini alternator to replace the old mini altenator. I still want to install a pump, filter and cooler for the transmission that's why there is a pully on the front of the drive shaft. It seem I have the car ready as soon as the season is over. I was planing on going to many races this summer but with the gas prices at $3.60+ a gallon I think my travling is going to be limited.

I will post some pictures soon.

John

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,298830/highlight,/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeuNT-UCbxE&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...