• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

good deal on tii??

JohnC

Looks nice from here.

FWIW, if it were mine, I'd dump the bling-bling wheels and pony-up for a set of factory alloys and XAS Michelins for this car.

A nice detail job could make it a real show car without any additional modifications.

BTW, Fjord is a BMW 2002 "signature color."

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

based on what that other ebay non-tii car mentioned in another post, is getting, i'd say yes, definitely YES.

i'd take a very good survivor over a nuts and bolts restoration any day.

i love Fjord. can't wait to restore my rust-bucket 73tii originally delivered in Fjord.

but for all you folks thinking that you are sitting on an appreciating asset that's rusting away in you backyard, no way...

there's a long distance between these show-stoppers and the vast majority of 02's out there. we're not in league with the Porsche 356's where rusty ones go for real money.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

like the ebay ad says... "Only 36k original miles and it shows". I have seen this on a few recent ebay ads... 36k miles, 30k miles. Am I off base, or do these cars obviously have 136k miles, 130k miles...

Wouldn't a tii w/ 36k miles, be worth a LOT more and be in better original condition, unless it had been forgotten and exposed to the elements for the last 30 yrs?

----------------

Mark

Rusty 74 verona

WTB a roundie!

Yah-

I almost bought the car for $10,375 when it was on Craigslist, but of course he couldn't wait for the remaining balance, he wanted it sold immediately:(-...If it had been advertised better on Ebay w/more pics, I bet that he could have gotten 15K!

It most likely has 136K, as it was repainted at one time. He sent me additional pics, and the hood latch bar and the rubber pieces on either end had some overspray. It also looked as if the bottom of the spare wheel well had been replaced. Finally, I would think that a 36K car would still have it's trapezoidal rear view mirror?

The selling points were the color, the UNCRACKED dash, the PERFECT headliner and the ORIGINAL NON-SNORKEL tii nose. Oh, and it also had a new 14 piece carpet, new fuel pump, rubber fuel lines, new battery and NEW COLD START RELAY.

However, it was missing the driver's side belt (replaced with a Simpson anchored to the rear mounting points) and also the left rear belt. When it was repainted, the door sill plastic strips were not reinstalled so there was some chipping along the edges too. Still, nice car!!!

I will continue my search...

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams