• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Questions: what's OEM interior color of Colorado 02, &

jerry

up to what VIN number constitutes what is considered an early tii?

i have the impression that up to about 2760750, the tii's had slightly higher compression and that the rear differentials were geared to 3.45.

T/F?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

Colorado generally had black or saddle interior. The 10:1 compression and 3.45 gearing was really only found on the european model tii.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

up to what VIN number constitutes what is considered an early tii?

i have the impression that up to about 2760750, the tii's had slightly higher compression and that the rear differentials were geared to 3.45.

T/F?

Every Colorado car I've seen has black interior. However, after thirty-odd years, things get switched around. As I recall, the Colorado color was discontinued after the 1973 model year.

According to Macartney's '02 Guide, the division of '72and '73 USA-spec tii models is between VIN#2763219 and VIN #2763220.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

interior color for Colorado paint. That being said, Max Hoffman ordered all his cars with vinyl interiors, so if someone took overseas delivery, they may have gotten a cloth interior, or even another color. Overseas delivery (tourist, diplomat or military) is the usual source of US spec cars with colors, interiors etc that don't match what's shown in our sales catalogs.

I have heard that the first few hundred US spec tii's had the higher compression pistons and a 3.45 final drive. Check the parts book and that should confirm the diff ratio.

Also per the parts book, the changeover VIN number between 72 and 73 USA cars is 2762630 (that's the first 73, and the car is owned here locally in Dayton). Check for some of the '73-unique parts, such as the bumper brackets and front overriders.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My "Farb- und Polster- kombinationen" brochure printed 09.69 shows Colorado as being available with black leatherette or tan cloth. Of course a disclaimer states for special upholstery requirements one should contact the BMW dealer.

Sam Adams

75 2002

72 2000tii Touring

89 325iX

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT