• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silly question? Which do you think is the biggest 02 meetup

Just curious cuz I would really have to stress about a lot of things if I want to make it to BimmerFest this year. Aside from the Swap N Show, is there another big 02 meet on the West coast? I'm wondering if I should just do it, cuz BimmerFest is worth it - never been, or if I could set my sights for something comparable/better instead. Thanks

Bimmerfest has been primarily late model BMWs. Only recently have we been getting a good "vintage" group, including 02s. In the past they have reserved a certain area for the older cars, while all the others parked wherever they could. It is a great event, but not 02 specific like the BayArea02 Swap and Show.

Each year we get more and more 02s. Last year I think we had at least 50 of them. This year we hope to have more. We tend to gather with all the other pre-76 BMWs. It is pretty amazing to see thousands of BMWs converge on Santa Barbara. This year I am going to try to organize a casual classic cruise on some of the Santa Barbara scenic backroads after the fest.

FestWest is a 02 event that had met in San Luis Obispo every September for the last 15 years, but the organizers have taken the last couple of years off. It is a big job to arrange one of these events and I believe they were getting a little burned out.

There is talk of a SoCal 02 gathering in the future, but that is still in the planning phases.

Hope you can make it to Bimmerfest, it is definitely quite an event.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Lime Rock, CT. ( was Lime Rock untill last year !)

02FEST after Labor Day

75 to 120 02's show up

The organizing crumbs relocated and it's killing the event.

PLUS Lime Rock Management has gone hoytty-toytty

with countryclub membership and fuching with all the old

events

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

PLUS Lime Rock Management has gone hoytty-toytty

with countryclub membership and fuching with all the old

events

Well, whaddaya want? They can't even run a race on Sunday. They HAD to do something that would still bring in money.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes