• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dangerous Doug's 1973 tii Atlantik

danjrusdug

OK, so I should have done this a long time ago. I've got plenty of pics from the engine rebuild but I am fast forwarding to the interior work right now. I just had too many pics to put in one post so I thought this might be a good place for them.

I'll add one pic of the engine compartment as I sanded, primered, and painted it while I had the top end of the engine out.

Hopefully I'll find the time to post progress in the future.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik - preparing for the V@V

post-495-13667588850201_thumb.jpg

post-495-13667588851298_thumb.jpg

post-495-13667588852287_thumb.jpg

OK, here are some pics of the interior after I stripped most of it out. I searched the board on what to use for sound proofing/insulation and decided on the following. After cleaning out the interior I used the rattle can rubberized undercoating - 2 coats. Then I bought the self adhesive duct wrap which is basically a closed cell foam covered with aluminum. We'll see how it does. Just rapping on the side it sounds a lot more muffled.

Oh, yeah, I also cut out my own parcel shelf since the original disinigrated upon removal. I covered it all with some underlayment I had left over from laying some laminate flooring in my previous house (to seal it and provide padding under the vinyl), covered the top with black vinyl, and sprayed the underside with the undercoating stuff as well. Now it is sealed and heavily muffled. I mounted some speakers I had to it before installing it along with soldering the speaker wires in place.

post-495-13667588854448_thumb.jpg

post-495-13667588855619_thumb.jpg

post-495-13667588856602_thumb.jpg

Nice!

I'd love to see more pix of the exterior as Atlantik is one of my favorite colors. I think that I'll start a blog too for my most recent purchase.

Thanks for sharing,

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

The evening before last I did all the sound deadening stuff and it got me excited to see what my new seat covers would look like. I got these from the folks that sell the Recaro seat covers on ebay. They did not have a pattern for the '02 rear seat and asked if I could take measurements and they would try. I got real anal with the measurements like where the top of the seat is larger in the middle than at the ends. They followed those directons real well as the fit is amazing! See for yourself...

Sorry about the poor quality. I finished around 2am and had limited lighting with no flash on my camcorder. I'll get better pics later.

Doug

post-495-13667588869789_thumb.jpg

post-495-13667588870871_thumb.jpg

post-495-13667588871853_thumb.jpg

Here is the link to their website. My guess is that they probably stored the measurements that I gave them for the rear seat.

http://www.iggee.com/shop.cart?action=CAT&ccode=BMW111

And here is their ebay store:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Iggee-Custom-Seat-Covers_iggee_W0QQftsZ1QQsaselZ44761730QQsatitleZiggeeQQsofpZ0

I asked about them on the FAQ about a month ago or so and a number of folks said they have used them before and that they held up. They are made real well. How they wear is something I'll have to adopt a wait-and-see attitude about. : )

Doug

Here is the link to their website. My guess is that they probably stored the measurements that I gave them for the rear seat.

http://www.iggee.com/shop.cart?action=CAT&ccode=BMW111

And here is their ebay store:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Iggee-Custom-Seat-Covers_iggee_W0QQftsZ1QQsaselZ44761730QQsatitleZiggeeQQsofpZ0

I asked about them on the FAQ about a month ago or so and a number of folks said they have used them before and that they held up. They are made real well. How they wear is something I'll have to adopt a wait-and-see attitude about. : )

Doug

where they the same price even tho they didnt have the pattern? Also, did you only get the rear seat or both? What are you plans for the fronts...

where they the same price even tho they didnt have the pattern? Also, did you only get the rear seat or both? What are you plans for the fronts...

I won the front seats on ebay and asked them about the rear seat. They said if I gave them the measurements they would sell the rear for $155. This was cheaper than buying from their site.

Hope this helps.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

I won the front seats on ebay and asked them about the rear seat. They said if I gave them the measurements they would sell the rear for $155. This was cheaper than buying from their site.

Hope this helps.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

thanks ill look into it, my seats are in desperate need of some attn. I like that color scheme too. Cant wait to see the fronts done

• 4 months later...