• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dieter's Birthday Party: May 3rd, 2008 @ Indian Riffle Park

That's in Kettering, OH very close to my home. We will start gathering at 11:00 for lunch with a drive to follow. Dieter's new seats are in place and I am ready for a gtg and drive! Bring something to share picnic-style. I will have hotdogs and stuff waiting for you. If you are using MapQuest, the park is along Stroop Rd. in Kettering. It's a public park so no alcohol, but we can have a drink later on at my place after our drive.... I can be reached at: (937)293-7883 or at j dot denker at sbcglobal dot net. Looking forward to seeing loads of '02's! (& their owners)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody interested in doing anything that night, or maybe offering up a couch, or maybe going to an autocross near Schottenstein Arena the next day?

I'll be over for the party of course, but I've got an autocross in Columbus the next day, and I'm not sure if I want to drive all the way back home to Athens in between.

In the meantime, the night of May 3rd, a very good friend of mine will be boxing in one of the biggest fights in his life. Brian "The Golden Greek" Camechis (17 and 0) will be going up against Antonin Decarie (18 and 0) for the WBO NABO welterweight title. I sure hope its televised somewhere. Brian's last fight was on ESPN2.... but the only info I can find on it says that it'll be on TV on "CA-Radio Canada."

So yeah, if anybody might want to hang out somewhere and watch the fight if possible, let me know.

Anyways, I'll see everyone Saturday atleast!

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

You can stay at my house, Kevin. No need to make an extra trip. You will like the drive that Mike and I are planning. I made up 1/2 of the route & he made up the other half. I discovered a country road that's quite a bit of fun the other day.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

We braved the wind and rain in the am. Later on it cleared up and we could cook some hotdogs. Then we had a great drive with dry roads and super visibility. We had 7 '02's today and Mike Self fixed Kfunk's brake lights. Later, I gave Kfunk my old taillight lens when his disappeared on the drive somewhere. Thanks a lot to Mike McCarthy for delivering Dieter in the nick of time. He still needs a few more hoses to be ready for Vintage it seems, so back to the shop on Monday. Thanks to all who showed up today.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

It was also very good to meet John Blake and Jason Gipson today for the 1st time. They came up from the Cincinnati area. (Mariemont and Batavia to be exact about it.) Welcome to our madness.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Harry, I have pics, but I don't know how to post them, I hate to say. My son is good with the digital camera and has helped me send some via email. I haven't seen our many pics from yesterday yet. We had 4 Saharas yesterday if you include John Blake's '76 with rattle-can black over Sahara. (the other 3: mine, Mike Self's, and Brian Aylor's) We didn't have any crazy colors like Mintgrun, Golf, Inka or even Paselblau. See you at Vintage, Harry. (p.s. the other colors represented yesterday: Riviera, Atlantik, & Polaris.....)

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Harry, I have pics, but I don't know how to post them, I hate to say. My son is good with the digital camera and has helped me send some via email. I haven't seen our many pics from yesterday yet. We had 4 Saharas yesterday if you include John Blake's '76 with rattle-can black over Sahara. (the other 3: mine, Mike Self's, and Brian Aylor's) We didn't have any crazy colors like Mintgrun, Golf, Inka or even Pastelblau. See you at Vintage, Harry. (p.s. the other colors represented yesterday: Riviera, Atlantik, & Polaris.....)

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Hey Jim, thanks again for the bed and the pizza and the lens. I actually got a good night's sleep and got there in time.

Thanks for the help with the brake light switch mechanism, Mike. I had no idea there was ever a problem with it. I took it out and worked it around with some WD-40, but unfortanately I don't think it was viscous enough, and it got stuck again by the time I got to the autocross. Before heading home from the AX, I took it out and fiddle with it and crammed in a bunch of silicone grease, and I think that might do the trick for a while. It's not much fun driving down the road with no bumpers, much less with questionable brake lights! I've been going extremely carefully and watching my mirror, and as soon as I see someone coming up behind me at a light I make a quick turn to the side in case I need to get outta the way.

But anyways, the car ran amazingly well today, and thats all that matters to me. That was pretty much the best that cars ever run for me. I wasn't able to take down a couple of the fully prepped/caged cars, but oh well, atleast I have seating for 4! Several of the course workers told me that was the fastest and smoothest they've ever seen that car go.

I'll put up a full thread in the main forum with pics once they get posted online. I've gotta get busy cleaning up that rust that was hidden by the rear bumper, then put my big beautiful bumpers back on.

I'm probably gonna pick up a spare driveshaft from a local guy in Athens along with a tranny output flange too, and hopefully fix my guibo problems for good.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser