• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think?

citizenchan

Just thought I would hash up roughs of how I'd mod this car to go with the color scheme?

I am curious about how those Rotas would look on this in Anthracite/grey. I know those wheels are just the alpina on there already, but I was looking at the color mostly.

Too flashy? What do you think? Too dark/contrasting? I like the darker accents, makes the paint scheme pop more. But I think black is too dark.

I wouldn't mind spending a few minutes repeating the process for some of you that want to see what your car/wheel combo would look like.

post-9893-13667589187872_thumb.jpg

post-9893-1366758918891_thumb.jpg

post-9893-13667589190108_thumb.jpg

I think I like the black wheels on the Inka.

Are you a photoshop wizard? If you're taking requests, how'd early Miata minilite look-alikes look on my golf? What if those Miata wheels were black? Just if you have the time... maybe I interpreted something wrong....

Matthew

Chastity: the most unnatural of sexual perversions.

74 tii, 99 BMW R1100R, 99 E320, 01 S4 Avant

black hides the wheel's details. With black, you might as well have steel wheels with no hubcaps for what you can see of 'em...

IMHO

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Stay classy. Stick with silver.

ditto. black wheels work on very few cars

double ditto. IMHO there is nothing better than period correct vintage silver wheels on inka 02's.

13"Factory steel wheels

touring001.jpg

13"100+ turbine wheels with black centers

touringpics002.jpg

Looked better on my 76

touring006.jpg

13" Ronal 4 spoke vintage wheels My Favorite look

071407CarsCoffee109-vi.jpg

The soft silver look on the wheels, contrasted with the orange and black and subtle shiny chrome on the car is the perfect balance. I think shiny chrome wheels would be too much.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I read this and got hungry. its like something youd read off a menu for high end car parts

"The soft silver look on the wheels, contrasted with the orange and black and subtle shiny chrome on the car is the perfect balance."

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I read this and got hungry. its like something youd read off a menu for high end car parts

"The soft silver look on the wheels, contrasted with the orange and black and subtle shiny chrome on the car is the perfect balance."

Sorry, been reading too many wine descriptions.....

The 2005 'Rosella's Vineyard' Pinot Noir presents intense aromas of spiced cherries and freshly cut strawberries, accompanied by notes of cola and vanillin. The wine is very gracious and supple at the front and the edges, tapering gradually to a long finish with a modest amount of fine-grained tannins. While extremely elegant and enjoyable in its youth, the wine will also reward short to medium term cellaring.

Harvested September 21st - 29th, 2005

25.8 brix (average) at harvest

Yield: approximately 3.4 tons per acre

9 tons of clones 777, 828 and the 'Pisoni' clone were hand-picked, destemmed, and fermented in five distinct, small lots. The wine remained on its lees, unracked, until blending in September; it was aged an additional 4 months prior to bottling, and received neither fining nor filtration.

All lots had a total of 13 days on the skins.

Aging:

15+ months (bottled January 20th, 2007)

40% new Cadus and Francois Freres French oak barrels

60% 1-3 year old barrels

Production: 585 cases

Suggested retail price: $45

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Well, I found out those are later wheels from a 320i. As far as I'm concerned, the car isn't very period as it is. I would say if you really wanted period correct, it wouldn't have stripes. So, just thought I'd try to work with what the car has.

As for taking requests I will. Although, I'm not a "whiz." I'd say better than the average Photoshop tinkerer, but not a pro.

If you want me to mock up some wheels for your car, send me good photos to start from.

Side view of the car not too much of an angle. And send me clear shots of the wheels you want. Again, straight view, no fancy stuff.

I don't mind doing it, but I don't want to spend a long time looking for suitable photos that may not even be the ones you want.