• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sneak peak at progress work on ALPINA 2002 racecar....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I had delivered my car in mid February to my fabricator in Sonoma - he was bombarded with projects and as mine has not really had any time critical dates I basically left it with him to get on it when my turn came. This past week started to become my turn. Rear quarters are back on (for the most part), rear tail panel ready to be finished off. In one pic we are looking at placement of the Dry Sump oil tank and figuring what sheet metal needs to go back in the trunk floor to support the replica (future expensive project) aluminum ALPINA twin filler 100L fuel tank. After this work is done, cage is probably next, then the new Euro nose (thanks Blunt) and then the steering. I feel my bank account getting lighter by the minute (or should I say hour). Still, I am really stoked to have the back end back on my car.

313788136.jpg

313788137.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Lots of work to put all of this back on the car......correctly.

313814098.jpg

313814105.jpg

As a point of interest, this is what was there (nothing) when I delivered the car in mid February...

302591848.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I took that picture. The guy doing the work on my car (Roger Hamlin, Hamlin Fabrication) is seriously good at what he does - which is really a wide array of things. I have been working with him on and off since about 2003 on various parts and pieces for my car. I have known for a while he would be my choice to do the things I cant do on my car (which is alot). Its hard to argue the the capabilities of someone who can (and does) rebuild tube frames for Porsche 908's. My cars current "bunk mates" are a factory BMW 3.0CSL / M49 engined car, Ferrari 330GTc, Porsche 962 (Texaco ex Lemans car I believe), and a GT1 corvette....all subject to change except my car for a few more weeks.......