• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about the plastic roller on the gas pedal

PatAllen

So, i ordered the plastic roller that goes on the gas pedal shaft, where the gas pedal rub.

i thought it was a "roller", but it seems to fit super tight on the shaft, so the pedal will rub agains the plastic rather than the metal shaft.

Is this correct ?

item #12 on the picture.

post-119-13667589295896_thumb.jpg

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

yes, it is correct. It doesn't actually roll like a bearing would. It is more a slider....

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

Guest Anonymous
So, i ordered the plastic roller that goes on the gas pedal shaft, where the gas pedal rub.

i thought it was a "roller", but it seems to fit super tight on the shaft, so the pedal will rub agains the plastic rather than the metal shaft.

Is this correct ?

item #12 on the picture.

Ya. thats right, I just lubed the pedal on my car with some grease mixed with graphite powder.

humm, thats weird isnt it ?

once the plastic is all rubbed, it will just fall down, or someone has to rotate it every year to have even wear !?!?? lol...

i realy realy thought it was rolling on the shaft...

so then...how a bout a metal tube that slides over the shaft and a circlip at the end, all well lubed, could last much longer and probably be more smooth...

sorry, couldnt help myself, i dont even have one on my other 02...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

humm, thats weird isnt it ?

once the plastic is all rubbed, it will just fall down, or someone has to rotate it every year to have even wear !?!?? lol...

i realy realy thought it was rolling on the shaft...

so then...how a bout a metal tube that slides over the shaft and a circlip at the end, all well lubed, could last much longer and probably be more smooth...

sorry, couldnt help myself, i dont even have one on my other 02...

Good idea, let's us know how it goes if you attempt to do it.

...." humm, thats weird isnt it ?

once the plastic is all rubbed, it will just fall down, or someone has to rotate it every year to have even wear !?!?? lol... ""

not really - keeping that part dirt free and lubricated at every 3,000 mile

Oil Service will make it last a lifetime. It's lack of routine maintainence

that causes any part on these cars to fail. And it's hacks that fail to replace worn parts that bring them to a rattling, vibrating worthless halt.

Neglect it - and start walking.

2002tiiinjectionpartspart2.jpg

02SERVICEDATA1and2.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

you can buy it at woodworking shops. Clean the back side of your accelerator pedal so all the old grease and munge is gone, and apply the tape to where the bushing has rubbed the area shiny. Do not grease the tape, it's plenty slippery.

Reinstall pedal, and you're set.

I had to buy 5 feet of the stuff to do my two cars, so if anyone wants a 2/1/4" piece, send me an SSAE and I'll send you one.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite