• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bimmerfest '08

JohnC

Haven't seen many posts on Bimmerfest. Who from SoCal is going? Let's get a caravan together.

InkaSteve, Are they setting aside a vintage area again for us? Should we '02ers meet up there and try to enter at the same time like we did last year?

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen many posts on Bimmerfest. Who from SoCal is going? Let's get a caravan together.

InkaSteve, Are they setting aside a vintage area again for us? Should we '02ers meet up there and try to enter at the same time like we did last year?

I have been delaying my response, awaiting clarification from the BFest folk as to when we can get in.

They are planning on an area for vintage BMWs, but as you know, around 9:15am and when the giant caravan from socal arrives, anarchy rules and its everyman for himself.

Confusing this, is their new "enter early, pay double" plan, which would make it easy for all of us if we all wanted to pay double. I am trying to negotiate some kind of compromise for us "poor" vintage early arrivers.

If we all plan on being in the SB area around 8 am, we can gather somewhere nearby (I have some ideas) and still all enter together, at whatever time they decide. As your "unofficial" spokesman, I will fill you in on the details as they develop.

Ray or Andy should know the OC caravan schedule, so the rest of you can hook up with them if you wish. Time permitting, we try to meet up and catch Breakfast in Summerland before heading in (10 min from SB)

I am working on a PostFest "classic cruise" in the hills above SB ending with early dinner before everyone heads home again. Details following.

Lets keep this in "General Discussion" section so no one misses out. I am sure this thread will become very active the next week.

Looking forward to a fun Saturday, May 3rd in Santa Barbara.

Now let's hear your 02 cents worth.....

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Steve,

Thanks for your time and effort in setting this up. I know its not easy and can be frustrating at times. I look forward to this and I personally do not have a problem paying double so we can guarantee our territory. I feel that many many people will still show up early and pay double.

It is sad if you ask me that BFest doesn't treat Vintage Bimmers with more attention knowing that without the 02s there would have been NO such a thing as Bimmerfest altogether :)

Looking forward to the drive afterwards for sure.

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

It is sad if you ask me that BFest doesn't treat Vintage Bimmers with more attention knowing that without the 02s there would have been NO such a thing as Bimmerfest altogether :)

They actually do treat us very well. Of the thousands of cars there, we (pre-76) are the only ones that actually have an area that they try to hold exclusively for us.

looking forward to it..

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

They actually do treat us very well. Of the thousands of cars there, we (pre-76) are the only ones that actually have an area that they try to hold exclusively for us.

looking forward to it..

OOps my bad. I just assumed.. If thats the case then we appreciate whatever they do to keep us in one spot.

Hamada

going to try and go...not sure if I can. I'm sure my Tii is not up to the showing standard. I entered my Passat in the '04 CVO Treffen (Chicago VW Orgainzation) and took First Place so, I know what a winning car should look like; not sure what this is like. Is it just to 'exhibit' our cars...or what?

Gretchen - 1974 Chamonix 2002 Tii: 5spd, Bilsteins, H&R Springs & IE Poly Suspension Bushings, Pierre Front Air Dam, Hella Driving Lights, Blaupunkt Stereo, MB Quart Speakers, Parker Gauge Cluster.

Oh man...I was just told that we have one of them child birthday parties to attend on the afternoon of Saturday. I might miss the drive afterwards. That sucks indeed. I guess I'll be kicking that peniada and chocking it with my own hands.

Hamada

not sure what this is like. Is it just to 'exhibit' our cars...or what?

More of a gathering, than a show. There are prizes for some of the nicer cars, but there are lots of well loved daily drivers. If it has a Roundel and it's an 02 or something like it, you are welcome to hang out with us....

John C....I hope you are still in your house in Sierra Madre. Everything OK?

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

John C....I hope you are still in your house in Sierra Madre. Everything OK?

All is good! We're about six blocks from the foothills. Only the first couple of blocks were evacuated.

Looks like the fires are all out now, at least near the town. I don't know how bad it is deeper into the mountains.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA