• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bimmerfest '08

JohnC

There hasn't been much interest in forking out $40 just to get in early however.

You guys can just amortize out my extra $20 between all you later arrivals. I will go over early and camp out. I think we can protect the area pretty well. A well placed tire iron should slow down any interlopers.

They are bringing the cars in differently this year, so there shouldn't be so much gridlock on the city streets.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

Cool to hear the utility of your Touring will be exploited during the set-up for Bimmerfest.

Any thoughts on where we should plan on meeting to enter the display grounds?

There hasn't been much interest in forking out $40 just to get in early however.

You guys can just amortize out my extra $20 between all you later arrivals. I will go over early and camp out. I think we can protect the area pretty well. A well placed tire iron should slow down any interlopers.

They are bringing the cars in differently this year, so there shouldn't be so much gridlock on the city streets.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Cool to hear the utility of your Touring will be exploited during the set-up for Bimmerfest.

Any thoughts on where we should plan on meeting to enter the display grounds?

CJ, Steve K, and I will be there early, I think Ron Perry will be there around 8:30. I will talk to the Bfest people on Friday, to see of there can be a "special" entry. If not, get there before the huge SoCal caravan gets there, and we will be waiting inside. I will post, or talk to you before Sat. AM. You can call my cell when you get to Summerland and we will see whats up.

They are structuring the entry differently which should speed things up. I think they are only using the entry closest to the car dealers (out by the stables) where they can absorb the influx in two lanes on the showgrounds before they enter the actual parking area. I will know more on Friday or Sat AM. and keep you all informed. Might have you gather at the school next door again if necessary. (one signal up Las Positas from the showgrounds)

More to follow.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Steve, any updates as to where we can meet prior to entering?

Sorry, been away from computer all day. By now I think you have connected with Andy and the OC group, and I hope you have talked to Ahmed. They are all stopping for breakfast in Summerland around 7:30 and will be calling me from there. CJ, Steve K, and I will be at the showgrounds managing the parking for Vintage/Classic. CJ and I are going in at 7:30 to meet the parking crew. Steve is coming in at 8:00. We will set aside parking for the 02s, E21s, E9s, E12s, E24s. Just get here, we will find a place for you. Drive safe, CHPs thick as flies around here.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg