• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NC/VA 02 Group Big Adventure to MA 02 Fest

Well we all have gathered at Humberto and Mim's in Winston Salem ready to begin our journey west to the Mid America 02 Fest. Robbie from Richmond, Aubrey from Clifton Forge, Humberto and me from Raleigh.

Cars all shined up and ready to go

Photobucket

Just a bunch of old guys and their old cars

Photobucket

Chcking out Humberto and Mim's new clinic after dinner. Great place to go if you are a dog or a cat!!!

Photobucket

Trunk full of spare parts and tools for the journey west

Photobucket

See yall Friday night!

We made it just fine, crossed the Ohio and Miss Rivers at Fort Defiance Illinois and ran into a huge storm in Poplar Bluff. But the weather cleared nicely for a great drive through the Mark Twain Nat'l Forrest in southern MO and into northern Ark. The Ozarks have some great roads. Lots of great 02 folks out here in the heart of America with folks from Ark, Mo, Kansas, Oklahome, Texas and La. Big day tomorrow with lots of events. Bo really puts on a great show with Keith's help

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow, boy have we had fun. Yesterday was an awesome day of fellowship and driving and hanging with the Midwest 02 brethern. Bo kept us busy all day and took on some tremendous Ozark roads and some really nice places to eat.

Eureka Springs is a very neat place and everyone should really try and make this event next year. Bo, Barb Keith, Ron and Chris do a fantastic job

Andy and John brought out the 02 pickup yesterday too, on its maiden voyage. Verrrrry neat.

No pictures this am as I am on the hotel computer but will try and post some when I return to NC, hopefully by Monday nite. Maybe some of the other fellows will get some up in the meantime

More to follow, but today some more Ozark roads for the east coast boys

Good advice. Mike Self and I are going to head to MA Fest next spring. It sounds too good to keep missing out. I will celebrate my '02's birthday a little later next year so I can head down there. Glad y'all had fun. See most of you soon at Vintage!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Again, what a great weekend. The four of us have all made it home safely this evening, ~2500 miles each round trip with nary a problem, well there is that matter of the armadillo that Humberto hit (already dead) that knocked his exhaust a tad askew but otherwise all the cars needed nothing. Pretty amazing when you consider two had less than 250 miles on the engines when we departed.

Our return route took again back across northern Ark and southern Mo through the Mark Twain Natl Forrest. Some really great roads there.

Thanks again Bo, we will be back next year with the ladies (folks Eureka Springs is a great little town for the other halves) But they will likely fly in :)

Oh and I forgot to mention the evening program where I forgot to take pictures. An some fantastic door prizes. Bo, Keith, Chris and Ron really got a lot of contributions from some of the 02 community suppliers, several thousand dollars worth of great merchandise was given away with everyone getting something!!!! Thanks to the supplilers as well!!!!!

Just a few more photos from the weekend, Sat am Drive:

Thats Bo on the left there

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Show and Shine

An Isetta and 600 Both beautiful

Photobucket

Aubrey's Chamonix

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

From our drive home

Photobucket

A stop for ice cream after crossing the big rivers again

Photobucket

"TRUE FRIENDS INDEED!" A very apt name for the Midwest 02 group. Wonderful folks all!!!

Photobucket

See yall next year

Excellent!! Yall cemented the kinship between the '02 group & "True Friends' by making one heck of a trip to Eureka Springs. I hope it's the first of many. We'll see yall in three weeks over your way!

Skip

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©