• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 635

O.k. so i got offered a 1980 635 for VERY LITTLE MONEY. Are there any parts i can use for my 74 tii? My friend is a trucker and he was paid to get rid of it. he said its running, but was abandoned at the Docks(or the owner never picked it up from the ferry from England)

not sure if i should take it cos its gonna take up alot of room in the driveway.

Cheers Lads,

Il take some photos of it when i go to see it later

steve.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=1016080&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20BMW%20635%2C%20Year%3A%201980%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=2630377&CFTOKEN=34410497

this is NOT THE CAR but i assume its fairly similar

You can part it out. Euro cars have desirable parts like the bumpers, lights etc.

The Euro engine, if in good shape may be desrirable for those looking for a motor in their coupe, Bavaria or early E12.

The rear seats will fit the 2002. Not a straight bolt-on but not a nightmare either. Do a search.

Or, if it's a decent shape and rust-free, just clean it up and drive it.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

sorry Pierre i never said my location.

im in Ireland.

classic cars arent very popular in ireland so if you know where to look you can get good deals.but usually alot of rust repair work is required due to bad weather.

parting out a 1980 635 would not get me alot of money. theres probably 30 cars of this version in ireland.

i like the idea of using the seats in my tii though!

thanks for that Pierre!

are worth quite a bit if they're in good shape - the bumpers, brackets, and rubber parts can be broken down to where they'll fit in a fairly small box for shipping. Since very few E24's made it to the US with euro bumpers, a complete used set with brackets, good chrome and rubber is probably worth at least $500 (US) + shipping here.

If the dashboard is free of cracks, it's also worth a quite a bit in the US - best price I've been able to find for an uncracked, used replacement for my wife's 633 is just under $600 US.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

are worth quite a bit if they're in good shape - the bumpers, brackets, and rubber parts can be broken down to where they'll fit in a fairly small box for shipping. Since very few E24's made it to the US with euro bumpers, a complete used set with brackets, good chrome and rubber is probably worth at least $500 (US) + shipping here.

If the dashboard is free of cracks, it's also worth a quite a bit in the US - best price I've been able to find for an uncracked, used replacement for my wife's 633 is just under $600 US.

Well i went to look at it and its pretty much identical to the pic i posted above.

the guy who owned the car has a FULL SERVICE HISTORY. you would not believe the detail. pictures of the car from different years. iv never seen anything like that detail. the car is in pretty bad shape cosmetically. looks like it was abused the last few years.

its a blue/grey metalic colour with dark blue leather. everything worked but the car did look a 28 year old car if you know what i mean.

the guy who had it is a friend so i didnt wanna screw him over, i told him its worth alot more than id offer him. i told him its worth about €2k and id only offer about 200!

i had no interest in the interior cos it would have looked disgusting in my green tii.

the alloys were nice bbs 14"

body work was pretty poor, didnt look very straight. so i let it pass. i said id give him 300 if he cant sell it. so it sits in his yard for now.

Thanks guys for the insight.

p.s. dapbmw, it was an automatic.

Steve.