• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The BMW 2002: My Therapy

ClayW

My 02 has been immobile for almost six months now because of time and financial restraints. Finishing up a master's degree and finding a job while trying to keep up with the bills wore on me and kept me away from fixing an oil leak, a bad set of synchros and a small wiring issue.

Finally, after a few paychecks and a tax return, I've been able to slowly start wrenching again. The other day, I freed a shift selector seal from the newish 5 speed and I felt my sanity return.

I don't know what rich guys do to keep their sanity, but I work on my 02.....just look at my avatar.

Anyone else feel this way?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

yea, i'd have to admit that 02's are theraputic for me too. loosing my covered workshop last year has really been tough as i have had a hard time getting back to wrenching. i have two projects on the Project Page that i have not updated in a year!!!

it's to the point where i'm throwing out old sentimental crap i've held on to for years just to make enough room to squeeze a car into an enclosed area. i've even sold off a couple woodworking machines, to free up more space as i realize i enjoy the 02's more than woodworking now, (although hopefully i can return to that too, someday).

but i have been busy, just not 02-busy. i've delved into landscaping the property big time as those who've visited, can attest.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

My wife describes it as "having sex with my car." Nuff said.

My girlfriend calls Phoenix my "Mistress" since I spend all my weekends wrenching.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. The weekends are what keeps me going during the week.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

My wife describes it as "having sex with my car." Nuff said.

My girlfriend calls Phoenix my "Mistress" since I spend all my weekends wrenching.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. The weekends are what keeps me going during the week.

My wife refers to mine as "my girl friend" for the past 32+ years.

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

I understand completely...

"Orange Julius" is my best friend. I bought him while I was in college (2001) and tinkering on him helped me keep my sanity. I recall missing meals to buy little parts from Paul Wegweiser when he worked at Maxmillian's. When I reflect back on those hectic days at school, I'm really glad I took all those risks and thank the hand of fate for making all these impossible cosmic connections.

Despite moving West, I still miss meals to keep him, but it's still the best "therapy" I've ever had!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com