• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car transport

ash00

hey gang,

Been dealing with a lot of scheduling issues and things, but I'm tring to pick up a car from minnesota. Does anybody know of a good transport service, and with all the price hikes- know how much it'll cost?

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Many years ago (~10) I used a company called TNT to transport a car that I sold to a guy in Illinois. They put the car in a truck trailer and then put the trailer on a train. It went from Fremont to Illinois without a problem. IIRC it was about $700.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

I don't think it is so good right now. A friend of mine just bought a Corvette in Las Vegas, and tried for 1 month to get it shipped to South Texas. Here's what happened:

First - he paid and then they waited for a truck to come free.

Then - there was the trucker's strike.

Keep waiting.

Then - a new truck came up, but it broke down.

Keep waiting.

Then - they wanted more money, because of the cost of diesel.

So, he told them to go to hell, flew to LV yesterday morning, and is on the road for 3 days to get it home.....

Good Luck.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

i recently shipped an 02 from Houston to Marin about a month ago. it is a non-runner, too. cost $1145. had the car within one week.

i went through a 3rd-party broker but the actual transporter goes by the name of Bluebird Transportation. his name is Steve, a Lebanese guy i think, and very nice. i can find out more if you are interested.

a lot of these car movers are folks who bought a trailer and are moving cars with their oversized pickup trucks. i'm seeing more and more of them on the roads these days. used to be a business dominated by the semi-trucks.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

yeah I just called Tn'T and for insured, enclosed door to door is way out of my price range of 1735...

I'll try uship or getting out of work for a road trip!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

month and two changes of transport companies to get it picked up. Both he and the buyer were extremely frustrated by the time it finally went on a truck and headed east from Sacramento.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

from what i've heard they kept up to the same standards (which blew my mind back then).

it's enclosed and they carried some REALLY high end cars at the time my buddy shipped out his m5.

also IF you are military they give you a break.

good luck!

dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

If you can wait 'til August for delivery, I'll drive it out for the Monterey Historics....

Who's / what car did you buy?

paul

he bought mine paul. i think you might get scared behind the wheel. i could de-tune it for you before you left if that would help

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com