• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I guess we ARE crazy, aren't we?

I went to the supermarket today to get things for Dieter's birthday party, including a sheet cake. When I explained to the 2 bored bakery employees what I wanted on the cake ("Happy Birthday Dieter!" & a Roundel), they were all smiles and super-helpful. Granted, they thought me daffy, but they enjoyed decorating the cake. The checkout woman saw the cake and said: "Dieter sure likes his BMW's, doesn't he?" I said that Dieter was actually a 33-year-old BMW & that there was a party for him each year. She said: "Tell him happy birthday for me and bring me some pictures, OK?" Shopping is not so much fun usually...

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Guest Anonymous

This is definately cool. I discussed it with my wife within the context of others being as obcessive as me about BMW's, and particularly '02's. She agreed it's a great excuse for a party, so on or about July 6th, we're going to a throw a 37th bithday party for the '72 Malaga. Thanks for the idea. "Crazy" is strictly in the eye of the beholder.

Roger

That's not crazy!

THIS is crazy:

Carscoop_SJ_Impreza_03.jpg

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I once had a cake made for one of the mechanics I worked with, upon his return to work after a few days off from a medical procedure.

It read: "HAPPY VASECTOMY BRUCE!"

I don't think I've ever been able to top that joke at work since.

Paul Wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Crazier still......the cake never got cut. We were too busy having fun with our '02's yesterday. We have less of a sweet tooth after 30/40/50, it seems. Now the cake is doing duty at a neighbors birthday party. Somehow they forgot to buy the cake for their grandkid! I hope they enjoy it.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Maybe the kids will own vintage BMW's one day like the old (to them) 1-series. Anyway, my waistline got spared those empty calories.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz