• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One less tii......

HarryPR

Posted about this car a few years ago when it was still restorable. It was owned from new by a local businessman and is/was a Malaga '74 tii with sunroof. Back then it was in primer and complete, with a very nice stock interior.

When I posted about it about five years ago the original owner had recently passed away and the son who had it wouldn't sell it to me because he had plans to finish the restoration started by his dad once the inheritance legal work was done. The guy lived within walking distance from me and even came to see my '02 to get some restoration tips.

Well, now the original owner's son is heavily into booze and drugs, moved to a semi-abandoned house also owned by his late father and the tii sits among the weeds. I think it's too far gone, sadly. I have tried to contact the guy with no luck. BTW, the Jeep pick up was also in nice condition five years ago and it also sits being eaten away by the rust bug..

post-90-13667589667644_thumb.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

[quote name=

Well' date=' now the original owner's son is heavily into booze and drugs,[/quote]

there's your mistake...

you didn't offer the right enticement

back then, a bag of weed probably would have done it....

pitiful may still be worth getting for the parts that you could off load.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Harry:

Where in Humacao is the car located? I have a place to take it and hide it for a while....

Even if the body is too far gone, there's plenty of small parts that might be salvageable...

See u at V@V. Larry Schwartz and I are heading down Friday early in the AM. Is Victor coming along?

R

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Robert, the tii is in the Candelero area. You might have seen it when you lived here at the Shell station in front of the Palou projects, which was owned by the tii's original owner. It sat there for year in one of the bays in primer. See you at the Vineyards! Victor is flying in to Greensboro on Friday afternoon. I'll be driving up from Atlanta and will pick him up. Then I have to drive down to Charlotte Friday night to pick up my wife and daughter, who will be flying in after my daughter gets off work Friday afternoon. Looking forawrd to seeing you again!

02fireman, are you from Puerto Rico? My best buddy and '02 mentor, Angel Vasquez, lives in Orlando now and is looking at getting into '02's again sometime in the future. He did all the wrenching on my 02's when he lived here. You should meet up with him someday.

BTW, I used a Chamonix '73 tii as my daily driver here for a few years. Those early morning drives from Humacao to Carolina through the twisties were fun!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

02fireman, are you from Puerto Rico? My best buddy and '02 mentor, Angel Vasquez, lives in Orlando now and is looking at getting into '02's again sometime in the future. He did all the wrenching on my 02's when he lived here. You should meet up with him someday.

quote]

Yeah, and I go back about once a month ti visit and eat my mofongo..

And tell your buddy if he wants he can contact me. I have someone great that is helping me with the mechanical stuff but I am always looking for more ideas and help or helping someone else if I can. These cars are too much fun!

I really wish I could keep that car at my Mother in law's house .. That would be sweet..

Great, 02fireman! If you ever want to talk about '02's on one of your trips, let me know. It's always great to meet other '02 addicts. There are quite a few nice '02's running around the island.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I'll probably be over there around Mother's Day week. If you will be around Caguas, I would love to see your car or maybe have a medalla or two and you can give me pointers. I'm still in the first stages of rebuild.......

Robert

I go by Caguas every day to and from work. You can email me at harrypr at gmail dot com and maybe we can get together one day while you are here.

BTW, there are a couple of nice '02 projects at Rafael Sola's shop (Eurothority) in Caguas. He converted the local M2, which had Webers, to programmable fuel injection, and he also has there the '68 car which has been in his family since new. There are a couple of E30 race cars there too.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290