• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

finnaly got my 02 back from the paint shop

Looks real real good. I love that color.

Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, much did you spend?? Was there much body work done??

My car is in need of some body work and paint and I'm just curious what it's gonna cost.

you can't use me as an example, a friend of mine has his own shop and he did all of the paint and body work. I paid him but he went above and beyond. Probaby would have been $1,500 minumum.

There was only one spot of rust on the rear 1/4 which was cut out and replaced with metal, also plugged the holes were the giant side markers used to be. he took the hood, decklid and more then half the car down to bare metal. There are still some waves in it and he spent days working on a lot of others but this car is going to be a driver not a show car so finnaly i just had to stop him.

My advice is to do as much of the prep as you can, stripping the car yourself can save you some bucks, plus it is good to learn how your car is put together, and you can clean and refurbish each individual part which a body shop isn't going to do unless you pay them

don't get me started on the trim.

I put together the best peices I have from 4 different cars the nicest set I set aside for a Fjord 02 I am restoring that will be much nicer when complete. The second place stuff is on his car. some of it is nice some so so.

I am planning on replacing what I need to over time but I am already way over my budget on this car and I still want to rebuild the suspension..